Hotel V Frederiksplein
  • Room Service
$292
$180
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

$242
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$81
$57
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $78/night.

Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
$253
$204
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $228/night.

$559
$316
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$414
$384
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Van Gogh(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$107
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

1,308 results
All reviewstram stopcafe kalebasement rooma standard double roomheineken experiencerooms are smalllounge areacontinental breakfasttop floorstorage spacecold meatsdam squarecentral stationboutique hotelbreakfast was excellentcomfy bedstayed here for nights
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I booked the hotel on recommendation of friends who have stayed there twice in the last 6 months plus the fact that TripAdvisor rates it highly. Affordable, decent accommodation in Amsterdam can be tricky especially in the height of summer and there wasn't a whole lot else left in my price range even 8 weeks before the trip.

I booked a twin room for 3 nights through the hotel's website hoping there would be a better guarantee of a nice room.

The first disappointment was our room was on the third floor of a separate building and only accessible by stairs, one of which was very steep. I assumed being a modern hotel it would have had a lift but the lift only serves the main hotel building. This proved painful for getting luggage in and out and my bad back didn't appreciate it. No offer of help from staff and when I relayed by disappointment on Twitter they suggested it was part of an authentic Amsterdam experience.

The next disappointment was the room. It was an attic room, quite small and dark. The en suite was only the width of the shower tray and an unfrosted window in it directly opposite the toilet which was annoying. One of the lights in there didn't work and the mirror was far too high. While drying her hair on our last morning the bathroom socket gave up and my sister had to dry her hair on her hands and knees under the eaves as all the room's sockets were awkwardly positioned.

There was no mirror in the bedroom, no tea/coffee, no water and the only form of storage was a flimsy coat rack with a broken wheel. The chain on the window blind was broken and the free wifi kept dropping off.

Breakfast was basic with no hot food. On our last morning the staff began cleaning around us and others stacking chairs on the tables as we finished our breakfast even though it was still before the 10am cut off. They seemed more interested in getting set up for a photo shoot than looking after customers!

The hotel is clean, has comfy beds, character and in a lovely location with a tram stop directly outside. They are very lucky to have the lovely, friendly Cafe Kale across the road which makes up for the hotel's lack of a restaurant tenfold.

I think the hotel has potential but needs to polish up on a lot of things. I was really disappointed with our experience overall, a lot of it was simply down to the room we were in.

Room Tip: Many rooms are in a separate building behind the main hotel building with no lift access and steep stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights B & B in February/March, it was a great experience and amazingly quiet hotel to relax in after a long day and night exploring Amsterdam. The location couldnt have been better, tram stop right outside direct from Central Station. Excellent for Airport. Helpful staff and breakfast was great and there was lots of it, plenty choice as well, and fresh.
Good start to the day!
The sofas next to the big fire are so cosy to come in and unwind at with a drink before bed. Rooms are pretty small but have EVERYTHING you would need, plenty space to move about one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in abroad. Room was clean, tidy and excellent power shower with roasting hot water! Brilliant!
Amsterdam in all is some place to visit, I would go back here in a minute and back to this hotel without hesitation, only complaint would be I wish we had stayed longer and will in the very near future!

Room Tip: We had a room up the windy stairs, would recommend them!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I would recommend this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful except for the breakfast attendant on our last day when we arrived early for a pre-arranged snack prior to an early flight. Reception staff particularly were always ready to assist with bookings, information, directions and suggestions. Buy museum tickets through reception to jump the queue at popular sites. Breakfast was excellent, fresh and comprehensive. Our room was very small, and the bathroom tiny but functional. Our room was at the front and noisy due to the trams, but this was not a major worry as they seem to cease operating through the middle of the night. A good central location.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I just spent 3 nights at the hotel and it was overall a decent experience. We loved loved loved the hotel's location as it is only 5 minutes by tram from central station and the tram-stop is right 5 meters away from the hotel's front door. The staff was fantastically helpful and friendly. The breakfast was generous, tasty and healthy (there was a remarkable number of organic products such as jam, cheese, butter, ham, etc.). The lounge was stylish and cosy. Tea and coffee were for free the whole day until 12 o'clock at night. There are several shortcomings, of course. My boyfriend was not so pleased with our bed as it was a bit too hard, as well as the sheets and the quilts didn't feel like cotton. The mirror in the bathroom were too high for me (but, magically, it was somehow lowered the next day without us knowing exactly when). We were absolutely unhappy with the shower as the water force was not strong enough and the shower door could not be closed causing water all over the place. The room, as many people have mentioned before, was quite tiny for a double room, but it has a very nice balcony. However, it was a good stay. If those shortcomings could be improved, hotel V would truly rock!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The Hotel has been declared "green" I am sure, hence low wattage bulbs in the few light fixtures,. We stayed for 4 nights, and it was good in all aspects with the exception of the small, small room. Two people could not fit in the bathroom, and I could not use the mirror at all, as it was too high to see into. The bed was incredibly comfy but there was no floor space. There was a closet, thankfully, so we were able to hang some clothes. There were two goose-neck lamps attached to the head of the bed, to read by. My husband banged his head on one, when rolling over. The only other lighting was a low wattage decorative light fixture in the middle of the room and one portable, small lamp that we moved to the desk area, and other areas we needed to SEE. When we were packing to leave the night before, we could hardly see to do so. The following morning was an early flight, so there still was not any light from our window to see to pack our things. Please, turn up the wattage on these few lights, even the bathroom! The ultra modern design is trendy, but impractical in so many ways. The location is ideal for access to everywhere via tram. Oh yeah! The elevator is 2 feet by 2 feet! When we arrived, I was able to get on with the carry-on luggage. My husband had to wait for the elevator to come back to collect him. He had to "really suck it in" to have room for himself and the suitcase to get up to our room.. Staff was great. We would probably find a place with a little more space and definitely better lighting. It would be fine for one night, I suppose, but by 4 the claustrophobia really settles in. WIFi was great, breakfast very good.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is on the upper floors, not facing the street and one that has large windows so that you can see during day light hours. Be prepared to just sleep at night as there is such poor lighting.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple