1,336 results
All reviewstram stopcafe kalebasement roomrooms are smallheineken experiencelounge areawalking distancecontinental breakfastbigger roomtop floorcold meatsdam squarecentral stationboutique hotelbreakfast was excellentstayed here for nightsboiled eggs
Reviewed October 8, 2011

V (the actual name of the hotel - Fredericksplein is just the location) is located south of the city center, 30 minutes walking or 10 minutes from the metro station. The location is a fairly quiet neighborhood only 10 minutes walking to the museums (Rijks and Van Gogh). The first thing you notice is how good the staff is. Everyone was young, spoke fluent english, and were very helpful and nice. the lobby is very nice looking - large windows overlooking the street, modern architecture, and a nice fireplace. They offer free coffee/tea/hot chocolate at any time. The free breakfast down here was also very nice. Our room was nice - although probably the smallest of any we stayed in in Europe. As other reviewers have noted, not a big deal if you spend most of your time sightseeing. Overall a good value for our money and we would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnJurik1
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We have just returned from Amsterdam and stayed at Hotel V Frederiksplein for 3 nights, the welcome was wonderful, the staff were excellent, the room was a double on the first floor and was to a very high standard of decorationand furnishings, The room was very clean and we were provided with all you could need for a stay, there was a room safe included in the price of the room.
The only negative we could say was the lack of room for your clothes and belongings, but this didnt cause any problems and we just accepted it.
There are hot drinks available in the price of your room and breakfast, which consisted of eggs, meats assorted cheeses, cereals, assorted bread, preserves and assortment of drinks hot and cold, fresh fruit and yoghurts. All the staff were extremley helpful and very polite, everything was wonderful and this helped us to have a wonderful 3 night stay in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lancslads
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend in Amsterdam in April 2010. The hotel is a little gem and everything you need for a good weekend away.

The hotel is about 30-40 minutes walk from the Central station or about a 5 minute tram ride. We walked to get our bearings of the City. Although the hotel is not right in the centre, this is good for sleep quality, the road is very quiet in the evening which is good considering the nightlife in the City.

The rooms were quite small but perfectly formed making use of all available space (wall mounted TV). We had a shower room which was lovely and very stylish. The bed was very comfortable.

There is not tea or coffee facilities, but you could get these free from the bar downstairs. A little annoying if you do not want to leave the room, but the quality of the coffee is better as they have a proper machine and don't use instant.....it just depends what your preference is, convenience or quality?

A continental breakfast was included and the selection was very good indeed. A brilliant way to start your days activities!

The bar was quite cool although pretty quiet when we went. It was great for a first drink before going out on the town, the bar staff were very chatty and really helpful.

When you are in Amsterdam check out Harrys Bar. Top quality cocktails and free nibbles, there is a great vibe and we spent quite a long time there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I was there during IBC (September, 2011). It's always a problem to book a room for this time, so I used RAI Hotel & Travel Service to book it in advance. The hotel located approx. in the middle between city center and RAI, so location is quite convenient. Room was very small (as usual in Amsterdam), in the second building, no lift. But it was quite comfortable room, with view to quiet garden and soft & big bed. Typical breakfast, very friendly staff. Just a couple of small disadvantages: no any desk in the room (even small one, take a laptop stand if you're going to work in bed) and very minimalistic storage.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the second building if staircase is not a problem for you. It's quieter place (trams are close).
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at Hotel V for 3 nights recently during my first visit to Amsterdam. I scoured reviews and web sites looking for the perfect place to stay that also fit my aesthetic tastes and price range. Hotel V was the best option based on my parameters. It has a really lovely, modern, chic vibe and look. The staff are also so warm and wonderful with their assistance from dinner remmendations to ticket reservations. The location is perfect-- accessible to everything, especially by tram, which is right in front!-- and not too close to the busy tourist center for a tourist who likes to be away from the bustle moderately so. The breakfast and service are great; and the free coffee, cappuccino, and tea throughout the day is a wonderful touch. Now, to the room... I stayed in a double on the fourth floor to which you must take the stairs after taking the small lift to the third floor. It felt like a nestled attic or loft space, tastefully designed, BUT as most reviews have said, the rooms are small. As a solo traveler, that was bearable. However, I was displeased that there is no place for suitcases, which must lie on the floor; and the low (poor) lighting, which makes it difficult to see, especially in the bathroom; and the lack of a shower enclosure to a nicely tiled rainshower that gets the floor really wet. I was mopping (with extra towels) after each shower and tracking water into the bedroom- no fun. The windows could also use screens to keep mosquitoes at bay after the near daily rain that one can experience in AMS. So these are just areas for improvement, in my opinion. I really liked the hotel, its location, and vibe; I'm less superlative about the certain (key) aspects of the room- hence my review title. Next time I might try another place but I'd still consider Hotel V.

• Stayed: September 2011