“Best Pancakes!!”

The Pancake Bakery
Ranked #15 of 101 Dessert in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
London, United Kingdom
“Best Pancakes!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been to Amsterdam several times but usually for work. So on this trip I was determined to see some of the city. We were actually going to the Brasserie Vlaming on our way to the Anne Frank House (Its all on the same road) but it was closed. We saw The Pancake Bakery next door and decided to go there. So we stumbled on it by accident and once seated I realised that I had been there before and was sitting at the exact same table I had sat at 9 years ago!! It was funny because I would always tell people that I had the best pancake ever in Amsterdam but I couldn't remember where, I could only remember that it had pesto on it!! I ordered the exact same thing and it was just as good.

Service was a little erm, well the waiter seemed distracted but there is a nice cosy atmosphere. It was cheap, we were full and satisfied.

Would definitely go back, I was so glad to refind it.

• Visited February 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Great! ”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

WE LOVED EVERY SECOND! The warm space was really cosy and a verity of pancakes was amazing! From 5 - 13 ? a dish

“Mmm- delicious way to start a busy day sightseeing!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Dee-licious!
This traditional pancake bakery offers absolutely every topping and sauce you can think of adding to pancake. it serves up generous helpings and is sure to keep you going on a busy day sight seeing.
It was very busy when we arrived and so we had to wait a few minutes - definitely don't go when you're starving! But it was worth the wait.
We even had some free entertainment as a south african holiday programme was filming during our visit!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank loubou_shoe
“Sticky Table, Good Food”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The pancakes are to die for, the staff young, friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgable. Could be a little cleaner, the table was sticky and the floor aro

Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yum!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went here at the recommendation of a friend who has Dutch family. It was great! It's strange how Dutch pancakes taste so different than pancakes in the U.S. Yeah, the tables were a little sticky, but the food was delicious and the price was reasonable. I'd recommend for breakfast, brunch, or even lunch. Try the apple pancakes!

• Visited March 2012