“Well, they made it up...!”
Review of Restaurant Lastage

Restaurant Lastage
Reserve with
Restaurant Lastage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 4,369 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Small and cosy restaurant right in the old town of Amsterdam. Classically French trained chef who uses a lot of local ingredients. Focus on wine and layed back dining.
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This staement is about the reaction concerning my last comment, not about a recent experience at Lastage. After our disappointment about the failed reservation (see my last entry), Lastage made up their mistake by getting us a reservation elsewhere. Thus we finally had a great evening. Thank you! Next time we are in Amsterdam, we will definitely return to the Lastage and are looking forward to their marvelous cuisine.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This restaurant must be one of the best restaurants of Amsterdam. The friendly staff welcomed us as we were regular guest and made us feel special. Started with a beer and had a nice bottle of wine after. The staff knows exactly were the wine comes from and the best combinations with the food. The six courses menu was incredible and the dinner was relaxing and a wonderful experience. The chef came to the table and asked us if we enjoyed the evening (as we were not the typical guests; students). Coming back in januari for another great night.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

A fantastic restaurant with an equally fantastic staff !
Its 1st Michelin star was not stolen... and it could soon get a 2nd one if it wasn't for the display of the food in the plates that sometimes lacks a little bit of creativity...
For once you don't find yourself stuck in a menu with stuff you like and other you don't... You have a price for 3 to 6 courses and you just create your own menu by picking whatever you like a la carte...
All the ingredients are of course very good and fresh... and the cook finds an amazing way to add its little touch of Dutch cuisine or history in every plate !
Also a very interesting selection of wines.
The cherry on top of all that ? It's dirt cheap for such a quality... 48€ for the 4 course menu !

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I went there looking for a place for a special occasion and it looked good on the paper. The menu we saw online was completely different from the one was presented on the menu in the restaurant. They told us it changed the day before even though we booked 2 weeks in advance and confirm the day before. Nobody bothered to inform the clients. The only thing we got was 2 glasses of Champaign and a couple of grissini with a sauce. Not worth a Michelin star what so ever. All for the spartan amount of about 31€. We left in the rainy evening looking for something better but at least "they were sorry". Not the kind of treatment I'd expect from the money they ask.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

On a canal, not far from my hotel, Mauro Mansions, and Central Station, you'll find Lastage. The hotel concierge made the reservation for me. During dinner, at least five different parties were sent packing, so someone knows this is a find. Service was exemplary. I said it was my final meal of a three-week vacation and my server said "You deserve a glass of champaign" which is exactly what I wanted. I had the four course dinner and barely had room for dessert, My server was very knowledgable about the menu and spoke great English as did everyone I met in Amsterdam. I had considered a more expensive restaurant, but Berry at the hotel suggested this one. He was right. I would go back in a flash.