“Gorgeous Food: Great Value Michelin Starred Dining”
Review of Restaurant Lastage

Restaurant Lastage
Reserve with
Restaurant Lastage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #379 of 4,225 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Small and cosy restaurant right in the old town of Amsterdam. Classically French trained chef who uses a lot of local ingredients. Focus on wine and layed back dining.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I went to Restaurant Lastage on a busy Saturday night - we'd made the reservation months before after doing quite a bit of research, and on booking received a friendly, personal email asking about our dietary requirements etc (I definitely recommend booking ahead, as it's a small place - emailing in English is fine!).

The menu is very simple (in that there aren't many options - the food itself is far from simple!), which I appreciate (there's no need to clutter up a menu when you know what you're good at!). There are two (I think) items per course. You then choose if you want to order 3, 4, 5 or 6 courses including a couple of Starter courses, Soup, Main, Dessert and Cheese. My husband and I weren't too keen on the soups or desserts, so we went for the three courses (which really ended up being about five, taking into account bread and the odd complimentary amuse bouche). Every part of the meal was stunning: we savoured every morsel. The veal main was probably the best part of it all.

The wait staff were super friendly, helpful and spoke fluent English. They helped us to choose our wines and were never far away if we had a question (yet not too overbearing). I also felt really comfortable there, and while it was a fairly fancy meal it felt far from pretentious.

The final bill was also very reasonable, especially for Amsterdam which can be very expensive: €39 for 3 courses, €47 for 4 courses, €55 for 5 courses etc. Wine was also pretty reasonable all things considered. The location is very handy (on the edge of the Red Light District) and the ambience is lovely - very cosy.

When I go back to Amsterdam I will definitely make a beeline for Restaurant Lastage!

1  Thank MARSonTour

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked a table for 5 and had view on their small kitchen, which is nice to see how they prepare everything. It's a tiny place, but very cosey and they are well organised.
They have 1* Michelin and they deserve it.
Having eaten at different 1* Michelin restaurants, I am in a good position to compare and they are definitely worth their star.
We took a 5-coarse menu with wines and it was perfect.
I'm allergic to dairy products (lactase deficient) and they had asked upfront if any of us had any food allergy. When we arrived, we could chose à la carte and they said they were aware of my food allergy and that I could pick whatever I wanted from the menu and they would serve and adjusted version, without dairy. Amazing! They explained well all dishes and mentionned at avery single dish what they had adapted so I could eat it.
All dishes were perfect, except for 1, the second dish, where we all felt our fish and lobster were a little undercooked.
Flavours were fantastic.
I can strongly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Steven D
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place is well deserving of a michelin star. We tried the option for all courses with wine pairings and despite being top class service with beautiful wines and amazing food, it didn't cost the earth. Very reasonably priced and cosy intimate setting. We were so impressed with the food we took notes on every course so we could read back and remember it all. Next time we won't opt for the full set of courses as we were very full and it were there a few hours. We wanted to just try everything for our first visit. A real hidden gem - you would walk past and not realise it was there. Very unpretentious too!

2  Thank Alison C
Reviewed November 12, 2012

What a find! I was researching for a restaurant for a special celebration when I came across this fabulous restaurant. It is a small restaurant new Nieuwmarkt, on the old part of Amsterdam. From booking to our last sip of coffee, it was an amazing experience. The concept was easy enough. You choose as many course as you like. It started at €39 for 3 course and just add €8 for subsequent courses. Simple. I chose to have my courses paired with wine. They matched perfectly. The sommelier gave a small description of the wines. The reason I chose wine pairing, is that they only have European wines and I was very intrigued to see how they fared with the food. Stunning! The service was very good and friendly. The restaurant is very quaint, so booking is a must. There are also the customary amuse bouches and petit fours between courses. Oh, and they just won a well deserved zmichelin star. At that price, it's a bargain.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Have been wanting to go to this restaurant for several months, and last week, it happened. And what a wonderful experience. The food, the wine, the service: all excellent. I look forward to going there again, soon!