“good food”

Casa Peru
Ranked #1,797 of 4,134 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed December 2, 2013

the restaurant is very simple and does not have a lot of decoration. The interior is a bit "cold" or maybe just very simple. However the food was very very nice! I would visit again!

1  Thank MrsLoveTravels

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great little Peruvian fusion restaurant. We had a bunch of appetizers. They were all quite nice. Service very good.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were a group of four and we decided to share four different main dishes in order to try different things. Everything was very tasty and well plated ( for Peruvian food) and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I recommend it and I will go back again.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went for the restaurant week. Very bad service, very bad food, very expensive. I wrote a bad review an the restaurant manager called me to insult me in a very rude way. A disaster.

1  Thank alex a
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and i,ate here on the 3rd night of our trip,having eaten at another peruvian resteraunt the night before,we decided to try them both out.
Our waiter was a laugh a minute which was nice,he was really friendly and attentive and took the time to explain each dish and recommend something to us,the place wasnt too busy as it was relatively early,so service was prompt and efficient.
I had the 3 hour roasted pork,which was covered in a slightly spicy finely chopped salad of red onion coriander and red bell pepper,and served with a small portion of pepper sauce,which is extremely powerful,so proceed with caution even if you are a veteran chili/spicy food fan,those Aji chilies are way hotter than the average habanero!!
My husband had a chicken and rice dish which although it was very pleasant,it was a touch on the bland side,but he loved it as he doesnt do spicy food!
The desserts are superb,i had the lemon tart,and my husband had the chocolate tart,delicious.
Or meal for two with drinks cost 48 euro,so considering the portion sizes (which were somewhat smaller than the first peruvian resteraunt we ate at )this is a bit overpriced,but nevertheless we enjoyed every mouthful,and would recommend others to eat here!