“Great value is small, cosy Indonesian restaurant”
Review of Bojo Restaurant

Bojo Restaurant
Reserve with
Bojo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,590 of 4,225 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed February 2, 2013

There must have been only about ten tables, in this cosy, comfortable restaurant, and a small menu (do not visit if you want a 27 dish rice tafel), but the food was very reasonably priced, and all the food we had was tasty, plentiful and authentic. The bill, for two people, was less than €35, for starter, main course, desert and drinks, and no dish was a disappointment. It is hard to rationalise some of the negative comments below with the excellent meals we had. The only word of warning - TAKE CASH - they would not accept my Visa card.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Bojo was recommended to us by our landlady, Trip Advisor, and top 10, so we were confident that it would be good -- and it was. We made a reservation and were seated promptly. A reservation was essential because it is a small restaurant; several other would-be diners were turned away while we were there.

We ordered a variety of foods to share and everything was good. I especially liked the chicken with satay sauce, which was darker and richer than anything I'd tasted in the USA.

A definite recommend.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had dinner here with my boyfriend last Saturday. He had a nasi goreng speciaal and I had a lontong rames speciaal with extra sambal goreng tahu/tempe on the side. His nasi goreng had unidentifiable things in it and the sate tasted really poor. The chicken meat was tough and not tender and the sauce not like I am used as a half Indonesian myself. My rames also had not so tender chicken and the sambal goreng tempe/tahu was not spicy at all.
Don´t sit anywhere near the door/window in the winter, because you can feel the drought coming in. Service was friendly and prices low, but definitely not worth it.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Unpretentious real good spicy food. Don't celebrate your anniversary here but the food is very very very good at affordable prices! Let them surprise you with more than 15 dishes as samplers at the same time...

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Called in on spec - we fancied something different and the place was busy. The seating was uncomfortable and the place wasn't that clean but we hung on in!

I was served the wrong meal - I couldn't tell what the dish was when the waitress announced it, and she came back a few minutes later to tell me of her mistake - I thought I may as well stick with what I had got. It was OK - but little finesse to the presentation - a lump of rice in the middle surrounded by different meats. The satay was very rich and the chicken dry.

Like another review when I came to pay the bill, I was told I couldn't use a credit card under 35 euros ( the cost was 34.30!) I said make it 35 then. The waitress then slid my card down the side of the terminal, the wrong way round and said my card was blocked. I said you don't swipe it. She then tried to insert it into the reader upside down - so I stopped her and eventually got her to process the transaction. No further comment!