“Outstanding”

Cuisines: French, International, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vondelpark
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Above and beyond what was expected even with trip advisor reviews. Staff were all outstanding and food was excellent. All round wonderful experience.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This restaurant is a spectacular, must go to restaurant! It is worth the effort to find. The combination of the different foods, and the service make it a wonderful experience! Koen is the server, and he is the most perfessional I've ever encountered. He makes the visit. His professionalism and his passion are unmatched. You MUST visit this restaurant! A world classic.
You can go alone, and with others too!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I thoroughly enjoy this restaurant on visits to Amsterdam! It guarantees a good meal at a decent price.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

After a very long day, we checked in to our hotel (Vondel Park Plaza) and this restaurant was recommended by a nearby shopkeeper. We arrived early but were told they didn't start serving supper until 6:00. We headed back about 6:30 and were seated outside. It was a little breezy but they turned on the outdoor heaters and it was fine. My wife had the ribeye steak with frites. She said it was done perfectly. It came with a small salad. I ordered the bream which I had never had before but they assured me it was a mild whitefish. It was very tasty and came with a risotto with a green pea purée. I also ordered a side of seasonal vegetables. The portions were ample. The food came promptly and was served with a small bread basket. It seemed as if the only wait staff were the owner(?) and a waitress so they were kept very busy. We certainly weren't rushed through our meal although I finally had to ask for the bill after sitting there for quite a while. We didn't have any drinks, dessert or coffee and the bill with tip was 60€.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I went to this restaurant last night after reserving a table on line. The service was prompt and friendly and the food was excellent. Tasted great and presentation was perfect. Only complaint I had was that my delicious chocolate pudding was a bit small, but that was just me being greedy!