“First Dinner in Amsterdam”
Review of Bond - CLOSED

Bond
Cuisines: French, International, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vondelpark
Reviewed June 8, 2013

After a very long day, we checked in to our hotel (Vondel Park Plaza) and this restaurant was recommended by a nearby shopkeeper. We arrived early but were told they didn't start serving supper until 6:00. We headed back about 6:30 and were seated outside. It was a little breezy but they turned on the outdoor heaters and it was fine. My wife had the ribeye steak with frites. She said it was done perfectly. It came with a small salad. I ordered the bream which I had never had before but they assured me it was a mild whitefish. It was very tasty and came with a risotto with a green pea purée. I also ordered a side of seasonal vegetables. The portions were ample. The food came promptly and was served with a small bread basket. It seemed as if the only wait staff were the owner(?) and a waitress so they were kept very busy. We certainly weren't rushed through our meal although I finally had to ask for the bill after sitting there for quite a while. We didn't have any drinks, dessert or coffee and the bill with tip was 60€.

There are newer reviews for Bond

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I went to this restaurant last night after reserving a table on line. The service was prompt and friendly and the food was excellent. Tasted great and presentation was perfect. Only complaint I had was that my delicious chocolate pudding was a bit small, but that was just me being greedy!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We liked everything about it. The food was good - lots of choices, service was prompt and the prices were extremely reasonable for the quality.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were in Amsterdam for a few days on our own after a Road Scholar art tour through Belgium and Holland. It was our last night an we wanted a good restaurant to wind up up the trip. We asked at the hotel desk and they recommended Bond, which was only a block or so away. I was leery--their advice on directions had been uniformly inaccurate--but close by sounded good. We were amazed.
Bond is a real find. It's an excellent French restaurant. I had the salmon salad to start and then the vegetarian quiche--I was feeling vegetable-deprived. My wife had the quail. Outstanding.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We were overnighting in Amsterdam and needed a restaurant close to our hotel that offered some exercise before and after dinner. The walk to was reinvigorating after the long flights, but the walk back was needed because of the absolutely spectacular meal we enjoyed. I ordered the Green Salad (I usually do not eat rabbit food) it was superb, I would do it again anytime crisp greens, mozzarella cheese, grilled zucchini with a delightful light vinaigrette dressing. I followed that up with a main course of tournedos with the pepper cream sauce. The most tender and flavorable cut of beef I can Remember in Europe in many years perfectly done to medium.rare. Just blew me away with a nice Malbec to compliment it. My wife started with the salmon salad and was delighted. It was lite with an even lighter vinaigrette dressing just kissing the top. She followed with the Bream main course and was as equally delighted with her selection as I was with mine. Save room for the apple dessert with vanilla ice cream, worth a stop all by itself. Staff are delight and make the whole dining experience perfect. We will return to Amsterdam and this quiet little restaurant in no small measure will be one of the reason.