“Best gourmet burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Burgermeester

Burgermeester
Ranked #233 of 3,753 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Plantage & the East
Heidelberg, Germany
“Best gourmet burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I found ourselves very hungry in the middle of an afternoon in Amsterdam and a local restaurant owner pointed us towards this place because it was the only thing open in the neighborhood. Even though it was a little on the pricey side and that the menu is not too big, I must say we all loved it (even the kids). My burger was not your average burger, it had eggs and truffles, but it was delicious. I highly recommend this place. We are definetely coming back if we ever find ourselves in Amsterdam.

• Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“My Very First Good Burger in Holland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

It finally happened after 21 years.

As an American whose lived in Holland a long time, I have lamented ad nauseum about the poor quality of the beef. Somehow they manage to make the burgers are even worse: spongy and bizarrely seasoned. Not so by Burger Meester; it's good.

The beef comes from a special farm and has none of the sponginess. It's just pure beef. The toppings are interesting and don't take away from the meat. I had the "Biefburger" with grilled vegetables and tarragon mayo. Yummy and filling. The best compliment I can give is this: I'd go again.

“In a word, AWFUL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

If you are heading here looking for a BURGER(at least as we in America know them) then you've come to the wrong place. I'm not sure what to call what they serve you here but it's certainly not what I'm used to or what I like. I guess it all has to do with where the beef comes from and in this case it's from a blonde cow from France. Really strange texture to the burger and virtually no taste whatsoever. You would think you were eating maybe sausage due to the texture of the meat in question. I also heard they include "fillers" when preparing your burger, bread crumbs or the like. It wasn't juicy in any way, the meat itself gets lost in a bun that is much too large for it and there are no fries to accompany it. You can get a baked potato I understand but that didn't appeal to me while eating a burger. I opted for the corn on the cob on the stick. Not terrible but almost any food chain back home offers better. So to recap then. A tasteless mealy burger. No fries. No diet coke, although not so unusual. You really want a good burger? Go to Burger Bar, opt for the 200 gram Angus beef burger and enjoy it with frites that would make Mannekin Pis proud.

Porto, Portugal
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were starving after spending more than 2 hours in stedelijkmuseum, you can seat outside, but we decided to go inside, close to the window, where the sun was. Big variety of burgers, all great, the coke is too small, but the burgers are quite big and delicious.

• Visited April 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A must try when in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Do u love burger variations? I do and this is the best place for me.
Lovely hearty burgers price ranging from 5-8€ plus if you like salad, you can replace your bun with a salad instead<-- a must try. the flavor just burst into your mouth, I had manchego burger (vegetarian ) and my friend tried beef burger royale.
We just can't miss this, whenever we're near Albert Cuyp.

• Visited April 2013