“In a word, AWFUL”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Plantage & the East
Reviewed May 26, 2013

If you are heading here looking for a BURGER(at least as we in America know them) then you've come to the wrong place. I'm not sure what to call what they serve you here but it's certainly not what I'm used to or what I like. I guess it all has to do with where the beef comes from and in this case it's from a blonde cow from France. Really strange texture to the burger and virtually no taste whatsoever. You would think you were eating maybe sausage due to the texture of the meat in question. I also heard they include "fillers" when preparing your burger, bread crumbs or the like. It wasn't juicy in any way, the meat itself gets lost in a bun that is much too large for it and there are no fries to accompany it. You can get a baked potato I understand but that didn't appeal to me while eating a burger. I opted for the corn on the cob on the stick. Not terrible but almost any food chain back home offers better. So to recap then. A tasteless mealy burger. No fries. No diet coke, although not so unusual. You really want a good burger? Go to Burger Bar, opt for the 200 gram Angus beef burger and enjoy it with frites that would make Mannekin Pis proud.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were starving after spending more than 2 hours in stedelijkmuseum, you can seat outside, but we decided to go inside, close to the window, where the sun was. Big variety of burgers, all great, the coke is too small, but the burgers are quite big and delicious.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Do u love burger variations? I do and this is the best place for me.
Lovely hearty burgers price ranging from 5-8€ plus if you like salad, you can replace your bun with a salad instead<-- a must try. the flavor just burst into your mouth, I had manchego burger (vegetarian ) and my friend tried beef burger royale.
We just can't miss this, whenever we're near Albert Cuyp.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Whenever my wife and I visit Amsterdam we eat at burgermeester. Very popular with locals as well as tourists. Lively little restaurant, unique brand, great gourmet burgers and tasty side dishes eg potato salad/ apple, baked potato with fresh cream. Our favorite is the Spanish lamb burger which we have had on several occasions over the past few years, never disappointed. Try the trio of mini burgers (different flavours) or the burger of the month - selected from customers suggestions, feel free to submit your suggestion.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was a bit skeptical going here, since I don't eat meat, but I was very pleased with big variety of burgers they have. They have amazing fish and vegetarian burgers. Trust me, it's gonna be very hard to choose one, so thankfully they also offer a trio of different mini burgers! Very delicious.