“Surprising Perivian Deli style restaurant”

Peruvian Cuisine NL
Order Online
Ranked #1,504 of 4,905 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighborhood: Oud West
Description: After Scandinavia, there is a new gastronomic Mecca that is emerging: Peru. More and more people are immersing themselves in the food culture in which the Incas civilisations have left important traces behind. The kitchen has been developing rapidly in recent years and Peruvian food became one of the most popular kitchen in the world! Peruvian Cuisine NL Offer you the best Peruvian food in the Netherlands. Using old family recipes with the finest selection of spices,combined with the fundamental condiments of our country. Peruvian Cuisine is a mixture of influences from different times and cultures. Try it you'll like it! This restaurant is run by Alberto Zapata and Genaro Alcas two renowned Peruvian chefs in Holland
Reviewed February 3, 2019

My partner was craving for a good Pisco Sour so we went to this place, recommended by a dear Equadorian friend. The atmosphere is like you just stepped in a deli in Lima. Do not be mistaken by the "snackbar look" of this place. The food is most excellently prepared with surprising finesse. My partner had a Ceviche and the Seafood Mix. She was really happy with her choice of the day. I had a Tuna causa (layered potato tower) that you can expect in a Prime restaurant, it even had a little edible flower. Then I had a meat stew. OMG, this was so delish!
And the Pisco Sour was perfectly made, with just a dash of Angostura bitter.
She enjoyed it so much, I had to pour her into the car, lot of fun on the way back home.
I'll be back! For sure!

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 10, 2019

The chef is quite an expert at preparing the traditional stars of Peruvian cuisine. Ceviche, Causa, Aji de Gallina, Tallarin Saltado, Seco.... Their desserts are fantastic and you can usually find local Peruvian drinks like chicha morada and Inca Kola. They vary their menu and some days will have specialties like pollo a la brasa or chicharron de cerdo. Two thumbs up.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

There you can find food that you don’t get every day and a little bit more exotic. Lomo saltado, tamales and chicharrones are very good choice. Recommended!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed June 5, 2018

Came here to celebrate / commiserate the last University exam of the year. My girlfriend is from South America and was interested in trying this place out, and I'd never had Peruvian food and was really curious. On the night we went, we had to wait outside to be seated, but once we were in service was good. It's a small place and rather unglamorous, but the food is absolutely delicious. Judging by the accents there were quite a few South American groups there that night, and the owner did the rounds, casually chatting with what I assume were regulars, which I think added to the relaxed ambiance. I can see why people might think this makes the place seem unwelcoming, but it didn't bother me. We got a starter, main and dessert each and they were excellent, without exception, and according to my girlfriend, also very authentic. It's not cheap eats but I felt like we got what we paid for. Hoping we can go back but I think we will save it for another special occasion.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank DiscoCatGiraffe
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

The place is run by native Peruvians so the food is genuine. Prices comparable with other restaurants. Menu not so overbuilt which means the food they serve is unique. The service could be bit more attentive and not leaving the customer just to sit without even a drink or menu card but ok. Also what I didn't like was the fact you guys don't serve fresh juices while your country has one of the best fruit choices in whole world.
Overall good, small restaurant with genuine peruvian food.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank E W
Bethin24, Owner at Peruvian Cuisine NL, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Dear EW thanks for your review, we will try to improve our weakest points definitely! Fresh juices are quite difficult to serve since the fruits are expensive and customer will find too expensive the drinks , yes I know or country has lots of delicious fruits but we are in Holland other story.

Hope to see you back again

Greetings