“A little piece of Italy in the middle of Amsterdam”
Review of Incanto

Incanto
Reserve with
Incanto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #323 of 4,134 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very good pure italian food. The plating looked like artwork with superb taste to match it. Its not easy to find (the entrance doesn't look like a restaurant entrance) but when you are seated on the first floor you are rewarded with eather a nice view on the canals or a fine view of the 17 th century coin tower.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Today I had the pleasure of lunch in this restaurant overlooking the beginning of the Amstel River and Muntplein. The restaurant is one floor up flom th street so you see above all the traffic the beautiful views all around. To go with the great views we enjoyed a top class lunch - venison with parsnip and smoked red onion; risotto of buffalo mozzeralla and an amazing dessert with a large number of delightful flavours. The waiting staff and owner Simone were wonderful ensuring our glasses were never empty and ensuring our meal was a great success.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have absolutely never had a better Italian diner outside of Italy. Staff was very flexible. Seemed a bit cross at first, but deservedly so since we showed up too early when they had already extended their opening times to accomodate us - oops. Magnificent view of the Munt tower! Wine wonderful, very extensive selection, albeit a bit pricey. We were totally pampered and this is why even with the issue of the disappearing act of our coat (luckily it was not too cold outside) and the lack of compensating for the double trip to the restaurant to collect it I still award them full rating. Thanks!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I wish I could give this place 10 stars. Without a doubt one of the great meals of my life. We got the 4 course chef's menu and every single dish was nothing short of mind blowing. The dessert was a custom chef creation nowhere to be found on the menu and it literally left me speechless. The waiter also helped us select an amazing Borolo wine and my fiance and I agreed, it was probably the best wine we have ever had in our lives. Truly an amazing place and whenever I get back to Amsterdam, this place will be a must.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Went here on second day of christmas (Boxing day) prior to going to the ballet for the 2PM show. This gave a bit of a time problem, but the restaurant was very flexible in this. They open at 12PM but we were welcome at 11:30AM. We orded the 3-course set menu with the choice of meat or fish. Half of our party orded the fish, the other half the meat and neither was dissapointed ! Combined with great wine we had a great meal and left on time for the Muziektheater.