“Brilliant but make sure you book”
Review of Bazar

Bazar
Ranked #235 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This large N African/Arabic restaurant is located in the middle of the Albert Cuypstraat and it looks amazing inside and out! We hadn't booked and arrived at 5.30pm pm on a Friday night and had the choice of 3 two-person tables on the ground floor and that was it! The place has an upstairs which had unfortunately been booked out, (and when we left at about 8.30pm it was heaving with people waiting for tables). The service was spot on and the food was brilliant with several vegetarian choices, (my partner is a vegetarian and I had meat and both dishes were excellent). Full range of alcohol in case you were wondering!The music, atmosphere and surroundings were all superb and I'd go back in a shot- highly recommended and fairly straightforward to get to.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The food is very good, they have many different options. The ambience is also very nice and they have very reasonable prices!

1  Thank DanielHoogs
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Busy and bustling even on a weekday night, we chose this place because of its proximity to our hotel but were more than happy with our choice.

The decor is lively and interesting, the staff prompt and attentive. Food was generously portioned and delicious, although I was served more couscous than I could handle.

Overall a great night was had in Bazar, highly recommended!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Happened about this very cool looking restaurant while navigating the Albert Cuyp Market. Was really pleased with our first foray into Turkish food. I had the Turkish Pizza and my husband had the Turkish chicken. We were very pleased with both. I wouldn't hesitate to stop in there again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Return visit with my daughter and husband, we love the atmosphere, decor and food. Had a sharing plate with bread, dips, meats, falafel etc - scrummy. Amazing lamps, lights and mosaics.