“Perfect for a strict vegetarian!”
Review of Maoz Vegetarian

Maoz Vegetarian
Ranked #236 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Amsterdam was our first stop on our interrailing journey and I was delighted to find a veggie only restaurant..I had always dreamed of one! I ate here 4 times during my 3 day stay in Amsterdam..it is simply amazing! You have to visit Maoz. As I am a strict vegetarian, I am always wary of eating from a place which serves meat so I didn't have that burden here! You order your pita with the delicious falafel balls and choose whatever fillings you want. You won't be hungry for the rest of the day. The chips are also delicious, served in a cone with a variety of sauces to choose from (garlic is the tastiest). What I did was order the pita pocket earlier in the day and later at night, around 10pm or so, I ordered the chips with coke, it was a perfect snack. Now I am sitting here in Poland, hungry with no nice veggie food :( We travel back to Amsterdam on our way home and I will most definitely be returning to Maoz!

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We were in Amsterdam for 6 days and went to Maoz 4 times!! We first went 10 years ago and then again 6 years ago!! Sometimes we feel like we go to Europe for Maoz falafels!! Great food great prices!!

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here after a busy day of sightseeing and were thrilled to find such delicious cheap food!

Lovely fresh salad bar and sauces which were unlimited. Even the hubby who loves his meat loved this vegetarian food! Not much space to manoeuvre but we found seats on an outside bench. Would love one of these back home but have checked and there's one in London - 3 hours away unfortunately. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I just reviewed a falafel place abroad and it comes to mind that I didn't ever review the place where I buy falafel when I'm in Amsterdam. Maoz has several restaurants and the ones I tried all offer the same high quality. Very simple meal: falafel, salad bar, optional French (Belgium) fries, humus, fried eggplant. All fresh, high quality.

2  Thank HJSAlmere
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We discovered Maoz last year in Paris and hightailed it over to the one in Amsterdam as soon as we could. The falafel are excellent, and I dream about the french fries with mayonnaise. A cheap, perfect meal for happy vegetarians.