“Best cheese ever”

Amsterdam Cheese Company
Ranked #8 of 355 Shopping in Amsterdam
Reviewed January 19, 2017

I just never wanted to leave this shop. The staff was incredible kind and helpful. The cheese was the best I've ever had. And the store was so aesthetically beautiful, I could have looked at it for days!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"explanation"
"netherlands"

Reviewed January 7, 2017

I found a spider between the cheese and looked up to see cobwebs in all corners of the shop, as well as between two cheese boards. Highly disappointed. The staff were embarrassed.

1  Thank Maria S
Management response:Responded January 10, 2017

Dear Maria, thanks for stopping by our Leidsestraat store. We take hygene very seriously and all our stores are cleaned daily. With spiders we find that their cobweb are made so quickly it is sometimes hard to keep up. We apologize for your experience and we thank you for pointing this out to us. We will take appropriate measures to make sure this won't happen again. We do hope you enjoyed our selection of cheeses because we do have the best quality cheese in town. Hope to see you again next time you are in Amsterdam.

Reviewed December 21, 2016

We visited several cheese shops in Amsterdam. All were very good, this one was the best. And now 2 years later we are still having their awesome cheese shipped to the USA.

Reviewed November 30, 2016

I made the mistake to go to Amsterdam Cheese Company in my last trip and I would strongly recommend finding an alternative to them.

Here's my beef with them:

- Right off the bat, the store manager was simply one of the rudest persons I've spoken to in a shop. Not only was he not able to answer questions he basically rushed the purchase so that he could go to the next customer. Perhaps he was under pressure, perhaps he's simply a unpleasant person.

- The prices are exorbitant for the quality of the product, I'd rather recommend going to Bijenkorf or Maison de Bonneterie for gourmet level cheeses with real quality worth the pricing.

Anyway I think a company trying to be a gourmet vendor of a cultural product can afford to be a bit more quality oriented and encourage manager level staff to know what they are talking about.

4  Thank Karan K
Management response:Responded December 6, 2016

Dear Karan, thanks for coming to our shop. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We are constantly working to improve our customer service and staff training and we will take your comments to our next meeting. With regard to our cheese, we have carefully chosen our cheesemakers and consider our selection of Dutch cheese the best Holland has to offer. Hopefully we can make it up to you next time you are in Amsterdam. Best regards

See more reviews
Reviewed November 30, 2016

Lovely employees but obviously overworked and forced to interact with customers even if the customers just want to try some cheese without necessarily having a conversation. Furthermore, really overpriced! Decent cheese but definitely marked up at least 2 or 3 times. You're better off going to an actual Dutch cheese market and getting much better cheese for a third of the price.
...and I saw a mouse... absolutely terrible...

4  Thank Plamen V
Management response:Responded December 6, 2016

Dear Plamen, thanks for your input. We are constantly training our staff and will take your comments to our next meeting. With regard to our cheese selection, all our cheese is from the North-Holland region which we consider the best place in The Netherlands to make cheese. Regards