Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
So Good!

I love all of the free samples! My friend and I had a wonderful time testing everything. If you... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
emilyabroadbent
Arusha, Tanzania
Great store!

Amsterdam has many great Cheese stores, and Amsterdam Cheese Company is one of the best. Lot's of... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
ljspencer27
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Amsterdam
from $19.32
from $29.33
from $23.00
from $24.16
More Info
All reviews dutch cheese truffle cheese free tasting nice place to visit van gogh shop cumin souvenirs purchase
Reviewed November 22, 2015

Lots of samples which certainly do entice you to buy as the cheese in fantastic. We also bought some jam in cute little jars. Plum with cinnamon which you can sample with the cheese. Only wish I could carry more in my suitcase!

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed September 23, 2015

This is a must if you love cheese! We frequented several cheese stores, and though it may seem trendy, we found The Amsterdam Cheese Company's cheese to be the best. We purchased several items and shipped home. Though it was a bit pricey to ship, it was worth it to save the space for the balance of our trip. The big surprise was the "Theo Van Woerkom" ... Ambachtelijke Dipper selection. We bought the "Figues Date Balsamique" glass container. It is phenonmenal if you love Figs or Dates! Know that we will order more of the cheeses and fig dips once these run out! Scrumptious!!!!

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed September 23, 2015

It was totally unexpected to stop over at this place and it was definitely wort visiting it. Its not easy to comment on the variety of cheese that they offer but I highly recommend trying as many as possible. Also ended up packing many of them. My favorite was wasabi and pesto. Must visit.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed September 7, 2015

I visited the shop in Kalverstaat , excellent location and near to Begijnhof. Fabulous array of cheese, including a range of 4 to 48 months. All can be tasted. We bought some 14 month old and it was fantastic but so many to chose from. the ladies, apart from being beautiful, were very friendly and provided excellent service.
Go and buy your cheese from here.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed September 3, 2015

During my last visit, I bought gifts to my friends. I tried the natural cheese and it was unbelievable. I asked to vacuum for air transportation. The sales ladies are nice and knowledgeable. I would advise you keep away from anything mixed with vegetables as they will impact the taste if not consumed quickly regardless of what they till you.

Date of experience: August 2015