Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Amsterdam Cheese Company
from $27.76
More Info
All reviews dutch cheese italian girl vacuum sealed gouda shop purchase hundreds van
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2015

I visited the shop in Kalverstaat , excellent location and near to Begijnhof. Fabulous array of cheese, including a range of 4 to 48 months. All can be tasted. We bought some 14 month old and it was fantastic but so many to chose from. the ladies, apart from being beautiful, were very friendly and provided excellent service.
Go and buy your cheese from here.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed September 3, 2015

During my last visit, I bought gifts to my friends. I tried the natural cheese and it was unbelievable. I asked to vacuum for air transportation. The sales ladies are nice and knowledgeable. I would advise you keep away from anything mixed with vegetables as they will impact the taste if not consumed quickly regardless of what they till you.

Reviewed August 31, 2015

It was a wonderful experience. They have cheese tasting which is great. Different types of cheese and variety of flavours(cumin,fenugreek,black pepper).
In addition to cheese the store also stocks date & fig cakes with almonds,preserves,spreads & mustards.
The lady at the counter was very helpful and polite yet not pushy.
Most of the cheese is vaccum packed and for travel. Each pack has the age of the cheese mentioned on it along with the date of expiry.
We left with fig cake with almonds, lots of cheese and tips for storing the cheese.

Reviewed August 15, 2015

Most of the cheese shops in Amsterdam are for the tourisrs. You can taste all kind of cheese in the shops. Usually I buy the cheese by the farmer market. But as I need to buy goat cheese and I was passing this shop, so I bought one from this shop. Here, you can find not only cheese but also nuts, jams, snacks and some souvenirs

Reviewed August 14, 2015 via mobile

I loved the Amsterdam Cheese Company! And there were cows here too! (See Amsterdam Cheese Museum) The concrete gray and rustic wooden shelves gave an understated feel to the shop and it was peaceful to just browse around. Plus free samples - always a positive. After meandering the store a bit, we got to speaking with the saleswoman behind the counter. She was very helpful without being too pushy. And the amount of flavored of gouda and goat the store offers is incredible! My favorite was the truffle goat but we also picked up an Arugula Gouda which was so earthy and flavorful. With the purchase came plenty of cheese paper and tips for storage and international cheese travel.

I wrote more about Amsterdam cheese here: https://anamericanindeutschland.wordpress.com/2015/08/12/amsterdam-cheese-cheese-cheese/

And a bit more tips and tricks for Amsterdam: https://anamericanindeutschland.wordpress.com/tag/amsterdam/