“Nothing is like moms food, but moeders provide you the concept of moms food”
Review of Mothers

Mothers
Ranked #289 of 4,392 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Don't forget to book, don't expect luxury and you will not be disapointed.
Honest and tasty food, ask the waiter for advice to try to adjust your choice (if you are not familiar with the food) to your taste.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,127)

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I went here after reading reviews online. I grew up in holland left 16 years ago. This place is fantastic! Excellent food! Will be back on my next visit.

1  Thank geascheurwater
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have visited this place after reading about it and weren't disappointed.
Menu could be seen a bit limited if you are veggie but very delicious, I had Suddervlees and i can definitely recommend it. I can still feel taste in my mouth when I'm typing this..
My husband had hotpotch and was very pleased too.

You may need to book in advance although we just turned up earlier on a sunday evening and got a table. It was after that pretty much full though.

Service is a bit slow and unfriendly but that could be their English wasn't great.
Overall, I 'd like to go back to that place sometime soon..

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We loved this quirky restaurant decorated ceiling to floor with framed photos of mothers. The food was delicious, service impeccable and a great value. We highly recommend for an authentic meal in Amsterdam.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you are visiting Amsterdam for the first time you can't miss Moeders (Mothers) for its' authentic dutch cuisine and atmosphere. When this place first opened patrons were asked to bring their own utensils, plates, and drinking glasses....and a picture of their mother. All is on display today. There are no two place settings the same and the walls are crammed with pictures of everyone's mom! There's seating for about 50 so in high season it is recommended that you have a rezzy...and if it's hot...wear light clothing as it's not A/C'd. Food is plentiful, tasty, and of good value. We'd go back.