“Breakfast”
Review of Guadalupe

Guadalupe
Reserve with
Guadalupe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,225 of 3,900 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Breakfast”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Myself and 4 friends decided to nip in here for an English breakfast. We were seated right next to a booth of two guys. We might aswell have been sat on their knee! Neither party could get out once seated without disturbing people eating.
Ordered fresh orange which came from a cheap carton at €4-€5 a pint, can't remember exactly.
Food was average. My friends eggs were partly raw and bacon was fatty. The cats were cute however not so much when they're on the table trying to steal your breakfast! Service was really....really slow. Must have taken us around 90mins from ordering to paying. The girl who served us was friendly however. Overall it filled a hole but if you're in a rush don't bother.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
“Normal Mexican food”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a place to have quick dinner nearby centraal subway station. Guadalupe restaurant is one of the closest one so we tried. After sitting on chair, I found there're so many reviews saying it was the worst place at tripadvisor. But we have no time to look for another one so
we just ordered tuna quesadilla and enchilada. For drink, I ordered non-alcohol cocktail. I used to have chicken or beef quesadilla so I cannot tell tuna quesadilla will be at the other restaurant, though, here they made it with canned tuna. It was 6.5euros so I cannot judge it. Enchilada was less than 20euros. All food that we had was fine. Not terrible. Not excellent. Just average taste.
People who were in the restaurant or on the outside seats or on the street, were smoking marijuana so it made me have a little headache.
The staff were also just fine.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible food, even worse service”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Walked past this restaurant and it looked reasonably busy so we decided to try it as we all like Mexican food. WHAT A MISTAKE!!! We were a party of four polite and friendly people just out for a nice meal....we didn't get one! Firstly the house wine tasted like vinegar and the Coca cola was watered down. We ordered a variety of food that arrived within 15 minutes which generally indicates that it can't possibly be freshly prepared/cooked...and it wasn't! Two of the party ordered Mexican dishes Vegetable Fajitas and chimichangas. The chimichangas were hard, salty and inedible and the vegetable fajitas consisted of half a bag of frozen diced carrots, peas and sweetcorn. We called over the waiter and politely mentioned that we were expecting fresh sliced vegetables e.g. peppers, onions etc. The waiter was extremely rude, giving us no explanation whatsoever, then walked off and started looking at his mobile phone and blatently ignored us. We had to literally shout to them twice before they even acknowledged us to ask for our bill. I generally would rather write no review than a bad review, as I feel most people will form their own opinions, but I feel obliged to say please do not waste your time or money in this 'restaurant'.

• Visited March 2014
Soest, The Netherlands
“Terrible servive”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I went here with 2 friends for a cocktail. When my both 2 friends chose a margherita i wanted to look myself on the menucard. The waiter already advised me the same drink but i said i wanted to look for myself on the card. While looking he repeatetly said: Yes take a margherita, thats good, take it! So i decided to take nothing at all. After 5 minutes the drink came, he already came with the bill (which we didnt ask for yet). When we didnt react on the bill he waiter came with a pin machine to pay and said: I will take this (the creditcard). Took it himself to put in the machine, and said with a creepy smile: You can tip me after payment.

These were already a couple things that are not normall for a restaurant to do.

They also try to pull people inside from the streets and at the moment people come in all the waiters dive on top of them to "serve" them. (has something to do with getting tips?)

Really dont go there! They are money wolves and dont care about the wishes of their guests

Zurich, Switzerland
“Bad service!!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was on New Years Eve together with two friends in this restaurant. Within seconds after finishing the dinner we were asked by the crew if we want to have a dessert. We ordered two Tiramisus. We did not ask for the bill and got it before the Tiramismu was served. They just tried to put pressure on their guests to leave the Restaurant as quickly as possible because they wanted to maximize their revenue. Food was okay, not bad but not good (but overpriced).

• Visited December 2013