“Bad Customer Service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guadalupe

Guadalupe
Reserve with
Guadalupe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,119 of 3,727 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Winnipeg
“Bad Customer Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Found a nice outdoor cafe within walking distance of the hotel where we were staying. Ordered Mexican burritos and beer. When the plate arrived, the Salsa, sour cream and guacamole were all piled on top of each other. Normally they are served separately in small cuplets but certainly not mixed all together. We explained this to the server and asked if we could have a small dish of salsa served by itself for the person who does not eat the above-mentioned mixture. I agreed to eat the mixture since I like all three toppings, though not necessarily piled together. A small dish of salsa was delivered to the table.

When the check arrived, we were charged a significant amount extra for the salsa. When we questioned the charge, the person became verbally aggressive and unpleasant. We paid the entire bill and left.

It's too bad some people try to take advantage of tourists. We later ran into a foursome who were going to dine there. After we relayed our experience, they went elsewhere.

The restaurant lost out in the end. The burrito wasn't bad, the location was good and we would probably have made another visit to this place. They weren't busy and probably could have used the business ! !

1 Thank MKS2010

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Breakfast Review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We called in here on our last morning in Amsterdam for breakfast as we were passing trade. We enjoyed the food presented and the service was ok but slow. I ordered a full English which was good but they need to research it a bit better as I have never had pickled carrot before!
Guadalupe is almost opposite Amsterdam Central Station so ideal for a quick breakfast. Obviously I cannot comment on the lunchtime menu or evening. Have read the reviews i don't think we will be going back here. Shame because it's a great looking venue.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Not the best Mexican food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

The portions are large and the food is OK that's why I did not choose 'poor', but prefer the chicken to the 'meat' fajitas (neef ? lamb?) as I am not too sure how many times the meat as been cooked, the tortillas that come with the fajitas are excellent. The burritos are lovely. But why is it so expensive ? Top tip use the the iCard you will get 25% off your food - but not the drinks. Beware, not tap water!, and drinks at more than 4 euros per glass this is a rip off. Quite difficult to find, it is just round the corner from the central train station. So it is average, and the good question another reviewer asked, why go to Mexican restaurant in Amsterdam in the first place ? Choose a Argentinean grill instead,

• 2 of 5 bubbles
London, England
“Eat and get stomach cramps”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I had a terrible experience here; the food oily that was overcooked or had been reheated several times. I complained and the manager he in return offered us a free drink. It was so disgusting that all we wanted was to get out of there. That night I suffered with stomach cramps. Never again, I will be writing to the Amsterdam health inspector.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank GurpalLondon_England
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Go there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Why everyone is so much against this place?
I discovered bad reviews after I've ordered so it was a bit too late to run away. And I'm glad that I didn't!
Small portions?! Well maybe if you order starters...
The staff was friendly, the food was tasty... So no idea why this place does not deserve 5 star raiting.

• Visited July 2012