“good but not yet great”
Review of Segugio

Segugio
Reserve with
Segugio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,489 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Segugio is Italiaans voor speurder en is ook de naam van de hond die truffels opspoort. Het restaurant is gevestigd in een karakteristiek pand in de Utrechtsestraat in het centrum van Amsterdam. Het restaurant beschikt over twee verdiepingen waar gegeten kan worden. De tafels staan op ruime afstand van elkaar, waardoor men veel privacy heeft tijdens het eten. Segugio heeft een open keuken, waar onder andere de pasta, het brood en het ijs zelf bereidt wordt. Naast de vaste kaart is een dagelijks wisselende soep, risotto, vis en menu van de chef. De wijnkaart van dit Italiaanse restaurant bevat uitsluitend Italiaanse wijnen.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

we were here for a business dinner. friendly staff, although a bit chaotic. did not like that they put our cloats in a dirty closet. food ok, but small portions. wine suggestions above average. in summary: for that price they should do one notch better.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you are lovers of Italian food and excellent wine you can't miss this restaurant.
I'm Italian and I know that is very difficult find a real italian atmosphere outside my country, but now I have Segugio. I had a dinner on Saturday 16 march with a friend, after a delicious amuse-bouche with black rice and a REAL Mozzarella, The sommelier offer us a good glass of Prosecco and than suggests the wine, 150 brands different! We have a menu with four courses: for appetizer a beef tartare that reminds me the Famous Piedmont Tartare, delicious spaghetti chitarra with Burrata, squid and the juice of anchovies and a pork belly with dark beer sauce..last but not least a wonderful dessert an almond cake filled with tangerin cream.All with an excellent Sassella that I found very chip!
A very High Class restaurant in a little corner of Amsterdam. Compliments!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Segugio was described in Time Out's Amsterdam book as having the "best risotto ever". We both love risotto, The evening we chose had a seafood risotto on the menu. It was very good but I have had better risottos. My partner, being vegetarian, had a much more limited choice. Potatoes and basilicum pearls - Gnocci. Very nice also but again we've had better. The portions, as if often the case with Italian pastas were starter size. The option of a slightly larger portion as a main was not offered.
The deserts were wonderful. Inventive and delicious.
The wine list was extensive but I felt overpriced.
Service was impeccable.
Overall we had a decent meal in a very nice modern Italian restaurant. The lack of vegetarian options mean that we are unlikely to return.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

At Segugio you get the modern Italian kitchen in a warm atmosphere. They have a menu with only a few choises but there winelist wich has a broad variety of Italian wines.
You go to this place to get an culinary experience. They differ from most Italian kitchen and move a little bit to a more meditarenean style.
Why not 5 stars: the Monkfish my wife had was'nt that special for the price 35 euro's.
It's expensive but when you're looking for a non typical Italian restaurant this is a place to visit.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

A different way of enjoying ltalian food, a very modern take. Great food, great service a great night out.