“Perfect location”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Edinburgh
“Perfect location”
Reviewed August 15, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

This apartment is bright and spacious. There are big windows that look out over the street that has shops such as Tiffany's and a terrace at the back of the property. It was an attractive street unlike the high end shopping streets of other cities such as London. It is small and charming.
The location is great for the museums like the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh. The airport bus drops you a 2 minute walk away.
There is a supermarket very nearby.
We had a really enjoyable, comfortable stay and I would really recommend this place to couples, looking for a spacious, relaxing apartment from which to explore and enjoy Amsterdam from.

Arthur L
Canberra, Australia
“A perfect place to stay in Amsterdam”
Reviewed June 30, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

This apartment is superb with every conceivable amenity. The decor is bright and welcoming, the rooms are spacious, the bathroom is modern and the well-equipped kitchen is roomy with plenty of bench space.

The location is unbeatable, a few minutes walk from good bars, restaurants, supermarkets, transport and all the major museums. The apartment was well prepared for us on arrival with a welcoming bottle of wine, a box of chocolates, and plenty of detergent for the dish washer and washing machine.

The only downside is a rather daunting staircase up to the first floor (I am 73) but Carl the owner insisted on carrying our luggage up for us. He was most helpful in every way and made our stay most enjoyable. Thank you Carl.

Considering the quality of the apartment and its location, I think it was also very good value.

Lisa H
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent apartment and location”
Reviewed June 9, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The apartment was absolutely wonderful and well-appointed. Although a little outside of the city center, it is very near Vondelpark and the Rijkmuseum. We appreciated that it's on a street that's very quiet at night. The bed was amazingly comfortable and we had no problems sleeping. I highly recommend this apartment for a stay in Amsterdam.

Reviewed June 5, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Carol L
Burnaby, Canada
“Very comfortable, quiet apartment in an excellent location”
Reviewed May 27, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

This apartment is large and in an ideal location. Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museums are a short walk away. The supermarket, Albert Heijn is close by for any groceries you may want to buy with good choices for salads, cheese, wine etc.

Very close to the 197 Schiphol Airport bus, plus Trams 2 and 5 (goes to Central Amsterdam). You are less than 10 minutes away from Vondel Park, which is a lovely serene green oasis from the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam. Very much worth going to visit.

No one should have any concerns about the apartment's location along the high end designer shopping street. None of the shops stay open early or late (between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM I believe). I certainly was not bothered by noise while I was there in early May.

My host, Carl, was friendly and welcoming and I enjoyed our conversations very much. He and his family live upstairs so if there are any problems you can always reach them easily.

They left me a lovely bottle of red wine and a nice box of chocolates upon arrival - both delicious.

I was lucky to get a couple of lovely warm evenings where I really enjoyed the terrace overlooking the back of the apartment. There are lots of birds and trees which is not what I expected. This aspect of apartment living is completely hidden from view on the street side.

The apartment is fully equipped with all the amenities, including a Miele washer/dryer combo. A word about the washer/dryer. If you are from North America and you have never used a European washer be prepared to take a lot longer to wash your clothes and drying won't be the same as in North America. Europeans are more energy conscious than us so appliances are different. This was not my first experience so I knew what to expect.

All in all I highly recommend the apartment. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Amsterdam and the apartment was a home away from home.

PS: Be warned the stairs are "really" steep and if you have mobility issues this is probably not the place for you. I gather from Carl these stairs are normal in The Netherlands.

I would stay in the apartment again and highly recommend it to anyone who wants a bright, airy and roomy apartment.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Apartment Experience in Best Location”
Reviewed April 3, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

This spacious,bright,meticulously clean,comfortable apartment is located in the best neighbourhood within a short walk to the museums and art galleries.
The express bus from the airport stops within a 2 minute Walk from the apartment. Public transportation (trams/buses) are easy to use and the stops are close by. Central train station can be easily reached.
The neighbourhood is perfect...Beautiful shops to vsit during the day, quiet nights after they close, young families going to work/ school/play on their bicycles....

The apartment itself has a large, bright living room with comfortable seating, a dining room for relaxing meals, a large fully equipped kitchen for meal preparation with a walk out to a beautiful desk/ terrace. The bedroom has a large comfortable bed and an extra room with built in closets is a bonus.
The owner was most helpful with the booking, providing us with directions and traveller tips, and accommodating our early check in request. His warm welcome, thoughtfulness, and assistance was greatly appreciated.
We have rented several apartments in Europe over the past 12 years and this apartment and owner takes top honours!
When we return to Amsterdam, this will be the apartment we will return to!!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Home from home”
Reviewed March 30, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Just perfect for us.

Have already stayed twice - my partner demanded we went back and stayed in the same place.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing