“Summer Hangout”
Review of Lokaal Edel

Lokaal Edel
Reserve with
Lokaal Edel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #607 of 4,182 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Dutch
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lokaal Edel Amsterdam stands for bringing people together and connecting them. Whether it is for a cup of coffee, lunch, diner or a drink. With the new foodconcept of renowned chef Jonathan Karpathios this is emphasized even more. So no traditional main courses but a table filled with beautiful bites to share. Local suppliers, the best ingredients and pure flavors come together in Amsterdam. Every plate looks fantastic with pure & honest food of the highest quality!
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Excellent hangout place in the summer. I live in the area and enjoy having food and drinks in their spacious terrace. Food was good, service was great. Good vibes!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great building, nice location and since I life around the corner, once in an while - after another remake of the restaurant - I give it a try.
Like last week. O man, what a mistake! I was to preoccupied to realize I jst ordered a prefried entrecôte... What? New techniques? No, it was as bad as it sounds, what cook could do this? I don't mind paying more for nice food, but this was an affront!
Don't go there if you want to enjoy your meal!
Staff is nice thoug. And the terras is a cool hangout for drinkw during the summer.

5  Thank GasterNL
Reviewed January 6, 2013

They have changed the restaurant since the last time I visited. I preferred the former design, because now it gave me the feeling that I was drinking something in the bar of a garden centrum. Never had dinner here, but the drinks are okay and in the summer it is nice to sit outside on the terrace facing the canals.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great location, lovely building and décor and pretty good food. The menu for lunch, in the usual Dutch manner, is a bit thin (mainly sandwiches), but tasty.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

The atmosphere is not too bad, although the welcome by the host was absolutely not friendly. The tables weren’t very clean and the whole place looked pretty a mess. Few waiters and waitresses are definitely no professionals (e.g. glasses were taken from the plate at the top instead of at the bottom site) and apart from that not dressed as a waitress (shorts!). The drinks were served in glasses we might take with us going to camp, but not in a restaurant, especially not as a wine glass. B.t.w., I would not recommend the red wine (cabernet sauvignon), which my wife drank. The draft beers were not good draught. As an entrance some of our party (5 persons) ordered a cauliflower pie which wasn't a pie at all, rather a bound cauliflower gunk and moreover very tasteless. I ordered a Caesar’s salad which was not good as well and due to the wrong(?) dressing did not even meet the taste of a Caesar’s salad. Subsequently all the ordered main courses disappointed us very much including the French fries (very fat and overcooked). Because of the temperature outside (we were getting cold) we asked if we could have the main courses inside. No problem! However, as we took place a staff member who was sitting at one of the tables said something very unpleasant about us coming inside, which sounded as: they may not come in and should eat outside. The whole experience was really not good, so after having finished our main course we paid and left the place. Finally, the restaurant doesn't look very clean and hygienic. Edel seems to be a popular place to tourists and may be locals, but one doesn’t get value for money. We will not ever even think of going tot Edel again. Total cheque € 160,-.