“Fifteen - very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fifteen Amsterdam

Fifteen Amsterdam
Ranked #1,798 of 3,753 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Eastern Docklands (Oostelijk Havengebied)
Description: Fifteen restaurant in Amsterdam is an exciting offshoot of Jamie Oliver’s famous Fifteen London, a great example of one set of dynamic, generous people inspiring others to act. In this case, the ‘others’ are Sarriel Taus and Coen Alewijnse who have created this combination restaurant and chef’s school in partnership with Fifteen London to benefit the struggling young people of Amsterdam. So what’s it like at the dining end of the equation? Very cool. The arty cosmopolitan style includes vibrant graffiti-scrawled sheet metal walls contrasting nice with the smart, sleek modern lines, designer seating and white table cloths. The restaurant seats up to 200, yet can still feel right for an dinner a deux. Each night a tasting menu is on offer, inspired by Jamie Oliver incorporating only the freshest regional produce. The modern Italian menu changes weekly and includes one of Jamie’s favourite antipasti to start, a first dish of fresh pasta, gnocchi or risotto, second course of meat, fish, poultry or game, and, we’re quoting here, ‘a wicked dessert’. A wine tasting menu is available to match the food tasting menu, or choose your own from the excellent list.
Houston, Texas
“Fifteen - very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am a fan of the series so I wanted to check it out. I met some friends there for dinner on a Saturday night. The restaurant is huge. I was a bit afraid that with the number of people they had to feed the ktichen would not be able to produce. The service was very good. The food was great. The staff was helpful with the parking and the questions we had. The online reservation system worked well. I would definitely go back. The restaurant is a bit off the beaten track, but there was adequate parking in a nearby garage. It was nice to have good simple food with big portions and good service. I liked it.

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I ordered the four course menu simply after tasting the artisan breads and the extra virgin olive oil on offer. I scoffed this, there's something in that olive oil that is to die for.

Every single dish I had was exceptionally delicious. I wouldn't say it was presented well, but presentation doesn't always make a meal. The flavours were perfection.

“Avoid Avoid Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked a table here on Sunday 4th August as a special treat for my fiancé as I have eaten in Fifteen in Cornwall and Melbourne and found them to be very good.
To begin with It took us over an hour to find the restaraunt as even the taxi drivers didn't know where it was. When we did eventually find it (in the lobby if an office block in the middle of nowhere) we had to wait nearly 10 minutes before someone actually took notice & came to seat us. We were then asked for our drinks order without being offered a menu. When we pointed this out to the waitress she went away & didn't return for another 10 minutes. We then asked for water while we looked at the very limited drinks menu. Having been mostly ignored from the minute we arrived we were extremely unhappy and despite repeated attempts to hail a waiter or waitress we finally ran out of patience and left. As we were walking away outside a waitress pursued us and we stopped expecting an apology only to have the indignity of being asked if we had paid our bill. At this my fiancé informed the waitress that we would pay our bill if we had been able to order any food or drinks. Having had plenty of time to review the menu in great detail we were completely unimpressed with the limited and disappointing dishes available. Whoever was meant to be managing the restaraunt that evening obviously needs a lot more training or needs to be replaced. Our worst ever experience in any restaraunt anywhere in the world.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Nickycdf
New York
“Good food but could've been better for Jamie Oliver”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I recently went to Fifteen while in Amsterdam with my family in early August. The location is by the water so its not really near the center of the city. The menu didn't have many options but the food was average. I had the steak, which was ok because it was too chewy in some parts and then soft on the others. The sides were good and so was the salad. The waitress was very nice and helpful but they were slow bringing out the food. There are better restaurants in Amsterdam but i am being critical because I expected more from the one and only "Jamie Oliver". If i were you i would give it a try because the staff really did try to make the meal happen and besides my steak everything else was good.

• Visited August 2013
Vlaardingen, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Excellent service and good food, not my taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went here today with girlfriend and daughter. Antipasti as starter which was different and tasted good. Had ordered the SLOWROASTED PORCHETTA OF 'BAAMBRUGS' PORC, but was to dry and not my type of food. Mentioned this to the staff and they let me order something else without any hesitation. Ordered ROASTED FARMHOUSE CHICKEN which I also didn't like due the minty taste. I should have ordered my first choice the RIB EYE, next time then. The others liked the food very much, personal issue :) They offered a free dessert to make it up to us.. how nice is that. Also nice location and atmosphere.