“Denied Desert ”

Ranked #1,187 of 4,696 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighborhood: Nieuwe Pijp
Neighborhood: Nieuwe Pijp
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Stopped by at 10 and the place seemed full on street and sidewalk. got a table and ordered an Irish coffee and a couple of teas. At 1030 Me and my table look at menu and try to order desert, we are told the are closed or the just cleaned up, except beer it looked like, that sucked! Have rated it average because the Irish was great and I am sure desert would have been great too!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Ate here twice, the first time with local friends. Very tasty food. I had the super sate and my wife had cod. The bill for four with a few good beers was 100 euros. The second time a few days later was surprised that the waitress recognized us. The fondue and the salmon we're very good. This is a locals place it seems. Enjoy.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 22, 2018

De Bicker was very inviting on a freezing March evening - We had booked the Groupon for the cheese fondue for 2 (about £16 for 2).
I am a cheese lover but my partner isn't, this was a true test..
We were seated near the window, there was a nice atmosphere here and it was very warming.
We ordered drinks and waited for our fondue (we also ordered extras with our fondue for ultimate dipping pleasure).

The fondue arrived and it seemed there was barely enough space for all the plates (haha), there was a basket of bread, a bowl of fries, selection of salad and selection of vegetables.. personally I didn't eat any of the veg/salad but we had ordered extras which weren't too pricy..
We stirred up our fondue and off we went, at first the fondue was great - it tasted lovely, but as the night went on it seemed to become stronger with what I will only assume is wine that they have chosen to use in the fondue? It got a little too much for me.
The fondue did appear grainy, I argued it was perhaps the type of cheese used, my partner argued it had split (he's a Chef, but I still argued,,).

Overall, it wasn't unpleasant and for the price paid I don't think I'd ever complain.. looking at something like this in the French Alps in January was about £60 for two.. so we got a good deal here.

The staff were all very nice and helpful too.
If you are in the neighbourhood, it's worth a visit.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

We had the cheese fondue, which was really good. It got served with fresh bread, fries, cut veggies and simple salad that unfortunately was socked in cheap dressing. Average place where you can get decent value for money. The ambience however is what makes this place. Lights are dimmed, candles lit, staff is very friendly and quick in service, and they have a great dynamic in the interior & colors.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2017

Went there with my girlfriend. Had the cheese fondue. It was good, you get plenty of stuff to dip in. Nothing over the top but perfectly good. The place is very cozy, and the staff is super friendly. Definitely recommend it! They often have Social Deal/Groupon deals.

Date of visit: October 2017