“Stylish and good”
Review of Restaurant As

Restaurant As
Reserve with
Restaurant As is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #790 of 4,085 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We had a work Lunch at As and we found The food and The location really cool. Try The Tartare served in a wood plate and do not miss The home made baked bread.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

As a vegetarian I'm so often disappointed by the choice of dishes at regular restaurants but AS was the exception to the rule. The starters are always two different dishes and both were delicious serviced with delicious warm bread. There were a couple of choices for main course which would have been fine but I wasn't really keen, we discussed a couple of other options and the dish was perfect and for a change there was no pasta or risotto in sight. How wonderful to find a chef with a creative flare and creativity.

1  Thank Sharonfv
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We went to this restaurant the night before their holiday closure. It was quiet, beautiful, welcoming. The food, all served family style, was utterly delicious and expertly prepared.The service was outstanding--attentive but unobtrusive. No attitude--just a clear desire to make us comfortable. The set menu allowed for a few choices--our party was large enough that we were able to try everything. The wine list was good and well-priced. Overall, fantastic value for money. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

As is a fantastic place - close to the Zuidas this former monastery offers a pleasant athmosphere, while allowing privacy when you book a table in one of the former studies (sort of study cells). The terrace is good for the summer and the food is organic and delicious year round. The menu does not server anything super-spectacular, but there is no need for that during a business lunch. The waiters do a good job, almost like they are not there. Wine variety is wide. Steak tartare comes on a giant plate, not ideal if you have to flip trough a presentation or keep an iPad at hand. But those you should not use during lunch anyway...

1  Thank Vincent T
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Living here for more than 10 years frankly I have tried almost all the restaurants and I was getting very bored. No matter how they cook it, everywhere you go on the menu its always the same things they propose, same fish, same meet, same vegetables, same desserts.
Finally this restaurant was able to surprise me. The food was delicious, different proposals than all the other restaurants, prepared with care and wonderful new ideas without getting into the complicated that sometimes goes overboard in the Michelin star restaurants. The service was perfect and the people (young) very friendly and service oriented (which is also a nice surprise here in Amsterdam). I ate the whole 4 course menu proposed and did not leave a bite on my plate which is very unusual for me. It was just very good and not exagerated portions. Just right.
I strongly recomend this restaurant !