“Good food!”
Review of Restaurant As

Restaurant As
Reserve with
Restaurant As is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #669 of 4,036 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I happened upon this place since it was quite close to our hotel. The atmosphere, service and food was of a very high quality. We had lamb as our main course and it was delicious. They cooked some meat well-done and some meat medium rare on the same plate. The only 'complaint' I have is that it was a little over priced. You can have similar food in the city for less.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

The scope and cencept are interesting: one menu with a couple of choices for the 4 servings ( appetizer, soup, main course, dessert) a tasty italian style preappetizer with a basket of good bread. Large selection of Wine by the glass and local beer. The dishes are well cooked and interesting: a lobster clear soup with crab filled ravioli was delicious, and a cod with rasor clams and califlower purea was also very good. Good presentation, and Adeguate serving size. Why I complain? The service even if informal as the whole place (you sit at large tables together with other guests) is much to slow (over 2 hours for 2 dishes). They also forgot to bring us water. The price is excessive: over 40 euro per person with one small bottle of beer a soup and a main course, (no table setting). A Unesco sponsored water (great initiative) at 4.50 euro a bottle, is clear that can surely afford to devolve the profit to give some drinking water away in the poor areas of the planet. I don't like to be teased this way. Lastly we where not presented the menu, so it was impossible to know the prices, and outside the establishment unlike most restaurant there was no menu.

1  Thank gilardoni
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Located outside of central Amsterdam, this is like eating in a garden with farm to table foods and friendly staff. The chef is a fam of Alice Waters so enjoy a 3 course meal that can't be beat. The Chef rolls up his sleeves to even cut the Tuscan style restaurant baked bread. And it's the first time I've found unfiltered Pinot Grigio from Venecia that was amazing. Cheers!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Imaginative menus that change with the season. Food that is organic and fresh and prepared with a lot of heart. Servings are generous. The staff is friendly and well-informed. Family style service on long tables and unmatched chairs translate to a casual and relaxed atmosphere. My only quibble would be that we went in as a group (and a pre-ordered menu) and service tended to lag between some courses. All in all, a sophisticated menu at very good value for money.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I came across the as on my walk to the RAI from the Citizen M hotel.
I am sure it is busy and real fun during the summer, but in the middle of January it looked pretty plain from the outside. I walked past the restaurant in the evening and my colleagues and I decided to try it after a long day of work setting up a trade show booth.

Service is excellent and friendly. The food is unusual, even with roots in the dutch traditional kitchen. To start off the meal we were served the most delicious sourdough bread, freshly cut from a big loaf. The main course was a nicely prepared whit fish and the whine an excellent German red wine. We finished with a strong cup of Expresso and shot of "smoky" Grappa.
I went there three more time during my 10 day stay in Amsterdam. On my last visit I tried their "Brandade van gezouten vis" a cold cod spread on their fresh bread - unbelievable, my mouth is watering as I write this. Don't miss it when you visit Amsterdam.