“Amazing steak, Amazing lobster!”
Review of Restaurant RED

Restaurant RED
Ranked #87 of 4,223 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Restaurant Red is with its unique concept, lobster and beef fillet, one of Amsterdam's favorite dining spots. Overlooking the city's most picturesque canal, the 'Keizersgracht', Restaurant Red is ideally located in a canal house in the middle of the old city center of Amsterdam. Red is famous for her hospitable service, informal and warm ambiance, friendly prices and lasting quality. Red has been a 'must' for eight years now for everyone who is looking for an exquisite culinary experience. Whether you are touring the nearby museums and attractions or visiting Amsterdam for business, Red is the ideal place for your evening. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you at Red in the nearby future!
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I recently chose this place as the venue for a 60th birthday celebration. The menu is short and to the point: you chose either lobster or steak, or both.

Our experience there was perfect from start to finish: service was friendly and highly competetent, the food was served rather fast, and all dishes were perfect. The lobster was mouthwatering (I am not usually a fan of lobster, but the one here was incredibly impressive), the steak had some of the best consistency I have ever had in a steak, and the fries and salad that accompanied the dishes were great. On top of that, the ambiance is lovely, and the prices are extremely reasonable.

The one thing they might improve on is the wine list, which we found a bit limited.

Important: Get a reservation! RED fills tables multiple times per night, and was fully booked the last two times we visited in 2013.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

If u love red canadian lobsters or perfect cooked tenderloin steak then this os the place.. I went there more than 10 times..
Good price
Clean relaxing place
High class people
Big variety of wine..
Try the herbs butter sauce..
It is one of amsterdam's attractions

1  Thank reeroz T
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I recently visited Amsterdam to celebrate her 50th Birthday and whilst we were there I wanted to take her out for a special meal. I researched restaurants and found that Red had good reviews, therefore I emailed a request for a reservation before leaving the U.K. and received a prompt reply confirming the booking. The service was friendly and efficient and the food itself was absolutely delicious representing great value for money. The menu is not extensive but that means that the chefs are experts in what they do and are specialist at cooking your steak to perfection, I didn't try the lobster although it certainly did look and smell amazing. I wish that this restaurant was just around the corner from where I live as I would certainly visit time and time again !

1  Thank Andym64
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Upon setting foot in Red I had to ensure I was in fact at the right place as everything about the restaurant is a vivid green. Barring that, the plated harmonization of sea creature and land mammal is to die for! If you have a hankering for steak and lobster then this is the place to go...hands down!

1  Thank mattiesocurious
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Amazing ! Lobster and steak were simply divine. Ambience was excellent. Very comfortable and romantic.
A restaurant to truly remember.