“Good service, reasonable food”
Review of Restaurant RED

Restaurant RED
Ranked #105 of 4,047 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Restaurant Red is with its unique concept, lobster and beef fillet, one of Amsterdam's favorite dining spots. Overlooking the city's most picturesque canal, the 'Keizersgracht', Restaurant Red is ideally located in a canal house in the middle of the old city center of Amsterdam. Red is famous for her hospitable service, informal and warm ambiance, friendly prices and lasting quality. Red has been a 'must' for eight years now for everyone who is looking for an exquisite culinary experience. Whether you are touring the nearby museums and attractions or visiting Amsterdam for business, Red is the ideal place for your evening. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you at Red in the nearby future!
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Got to this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews. Must reserve in advance. As adviced they only serve two dishes, steak and lobster. I went for the lobster, which was rather small. Nothing special about the food.
Desert was actually good, but overall not really worth the price

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had great food and fabulous service. It is very pricey . I am surprised that other reviews say there was bad service. We were the only non Dutch people there and the servers were great at translating the menu and explaining things. It is in a beautiful location.

1  Thank JaneF80220
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Beautiful restaurant in one of the best locations in Amsterdam. The place is very comfortable and well decorated.
The staff is super friendly.

And of course the food is absolutely delicious; they only serve lobster and steak, but it is probably the best I've eaten so far.

Price is rather high, but nothing exceptional seen the quality of this very stylish restaurant.

Be sure to book in advance since they are always full and be well-dressed since its a rather stylish place.

2  Thank Robert R
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My in laws were in town from California and they wanted to take me out for my birthday. I made a reservation and they confirmed by phone. When I got there I found out that they made my reservation for the wrong day. I explained them that it was a birthday dinner but all they had to say ( a blonde waitress) was " Mistakes happen". The manager ( I think Marcel is the name) was participating to the conversation and all he had to say was " I am sorry I can't do anything".
They called me 3 days after to apologize but that was it.

4  Thank welsh80
Reviewed September 14, 2013

After making a reservation a month in advance for a group and confirming twice on the telephone, the reservation was lost. Instead of apologising, the manager went defensive. Eventually blaming the customer and ignoring the situation. "Sorry this happened" is always a nice place to start when you make a mistake. I guess the manager missed the customer service 101 class.

3  Thank Welvaren