“Great atmosphere and good food”
Review of Tio Pepe - CLOSED

Tio Pepe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Tio Pepe is an Mexican restaurant with a combination of Argentinian steaks. On 5 minutes walking distance from the Amsterdam Central Station, you can enjoy in restaurant Tio Pepe very nice Mexican specialities and soft Argentinian steaks from the grill.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family and I visited Amsterdam only for 3 nights and we ended up in this restaurant 2 of the 3 nights.

The staff are really friendly, which in a big city is such a refreshing change. The menu is, as you would expect Mexican but also with some great Argentinian steaks on there as well.

Beer price and food price were what I had expected at approx €18 - €22 for a main dish. The Argentinian sauce is made on the premises and it is amazing. If you go, do not be shy and ask for a large pot of the sauce.

Mojitos were also the best we had while over in Amsterdam, well done Mr barman.

Overall a really good place and I hope one day to be back

1  Thank liketotravel2222

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our last night in Amsterdam, we decided to have a meal that we would remember. Trying to find a decent steak house amongst the high number of inferior restuarants in this city is a little difficult, the formular I use is...
Location + appearance
_________________. =. Lets eat !

Menu. X clientele

Seriously though, it's seems to work, the restuarant, located on a side street next to a couple of similar establishments, ticked all the boxes, pleasant staff, comprehensive menu, big man sized portions, we literally made a meal of it. Finishing with coffee's & Brandy, the whole evening seeming to go on forever, without the staff wanting to pack you off in conveyor belt style. The pricing may seem a little high, but I'm willing to pay this for good food, good service, & the fact that the cost puts a force field around the place so the detritus of revellers/travellers & drunks stay clear of the place !
Snobbery aside, a nice, friendly restuarant, tasty food, well worth the visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

An extensive menu of mexican food, freshly made and great service. A lovely meal, the staff made you feel most wecome, if I was to have stayed longer I would have visited this restaurant again.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Who knew? Great Mexican food in Amsterdam? Look no further. Tio Pepe, located near the Avenue Hotel, serves some of the best Mexican food my husband and I have ever had.

Great decor, great ambience. We both split a fried calamari dish which was absolutely succulent. My husband's beef burrito was outrageous as were my pork fajitas. The place is family run and the owner gave us a small after dinner drink of her own recipe. I could go on and on, but you need to experience Tio Pepe for yourself. Next time you're in Amsterdam, give it a try. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Restaurant centrally located.
They serve Grilled and Mexican food.
We had nice spare ribs and cheese nachos.
Reasonable prices.