“Perfect atmosphere, food and prices!”
Review of New King

New King
Ranked #387 of 3,813 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Perfect atmosphere, food and prices!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Perfect for the prices you pay! The food is amazing and authentic chinese. Nothing like the mainstream chinese restaurants in Holland that serve ingrendient like cauliflower, etc. Addicted to this place! Fast and kind service.

• Visited February 2013

• Turkish first
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Poor experience”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Went fairly late and they said no problem, once we orderd strarters and mains they said they would bring all the food together as they were shutting the kitchen ! So why sit us down at all ! Starter was fine, For main orderd the duck on rice, was totally tasteless and must have been 50% bones, every time I took a bite I was eating bones. At the end of the meal the waitress asked us if all was ok and I showed my plate was still half full with bones and I said I wasn't happy, her response was to say they could have cooked it without bones, don't think there would have been much on my plate, rice and duck skin, probably. We were brought the bill, I put the cash amount down in full and stood up, the waitress was straight over counting the money making sure I had paid the full bill before I had even put my jacket on ! She should have been asking how could they put it right after such a bad experience not just making sure I had paid the bill after such s bad experience. Just shows what the restaurant thinks of tourists, take the money and get rid of them , good experience or not !
Thank goodness for trip advisor so other possible customers can have a balanced view of such restaurants ! Would never go again.

1 Thank Johnr3773
Cardiff
“Ok, nothing special”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Visited for a meal and left satisfied, nothing wrong but nothing that special. We arrived quite early and noticed by 1pm Sunday it was full, but the food came out quickly. Good Choice on Dim Sum's but main courses were not that special

• Visited February 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“Very average”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I went to New King with my boyfriend last night after having read several positive reviews of it. We had to wait for around 15 minutes which was ok. Then we got a table downstairs which was a little less busy than upstairs. We got the menus, which was very nicely structured and small enough to not get lost in it. We had two starters - spring rolls and duck buns which were ok. The spring rolls were quite greasy. When we got our main course - I was quite disappointed. The sweet and sour chicken was quite good, but the noodles with chicken and duck meat was not at all how I had expected it. The meat still had bones in it, and was not mixed with the noodles. It was very messy to eat since you had to take the bones out with your fingers while everything was really greasy.
On the bright side - we shared a Chinese tea among us which was only €1.50.
The atmosphere was not particularly cosy, it was very average with wooden tables and chairs, no Chinese music rather Western music and very modern inside.
Overall the food was average, so was the atmosphere. Prices are decent with most main dishes in the €14 range.

• Visited January 2013
london
“Delicious”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

It might seem slightly pricier than other chinese restaurants but the quality is infinitely superior than others on Zeedjik. I was recommended it by a local, and it was busy even though it was a Sunday at 3pm. There were quite a few chinese families which is always a good sign.
The duck buns and lamb satay for started were delicious. The singapore noodles were spicy and fragrant, stuffed full of prawns, meat and vegetables.
I had the stuffed aubergine, which was very filling and you got a lot for your money.

I would 100% go back here again. But get there early as queues were appearing when we left.

2 starters, 2 mains, and 2 beers came to 36 euros.

Visited January 2013