“Fabulous grub!”

Getto
Ranked #376 of 3,860 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous grub!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We ate here on our first night out in Amsterdam and it didn't disappoint! We had a short wait for our table so we filled the time by sampling some delicious cocktails. We were shown to our table soon enough where we all ordered some form of burger and, although we had to wait nearly an hour for our food, it was so worth it. Apart from the lengthy wait, the staff were incredibly friendly, the atmosphere was wonderful and the food was delicious - all at a reasonable price too.

A smashing start to our break!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Amy C

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
“Didn't live up to expectations”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Just like some other people have mentioned in their reviews, I was led to Getto after reading an excellent review on a UK newspaper, describing it as an extremely fun place to have great burgers while watching the best drug queen show in Amsterdam.

While there was nothing wrong with the burgers (they were in fact quite nice), there was no show and absolutely no fun atmosphere whatsoever. I went on a Friday evening and the whole ambience (or lack of one) was rather quiet and boring.

The cocktails were nice and the whole meal was reasonably priced so nothing to complain regarding the quality of what was on offer (though service left a lot to be desired). It's just that it's far from the type of place that reviews led us to believe it was.

Would I go back next time I'm in Amsterdam? Probably not...

Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good meal, priced appropriately”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Had a fantastic salmon dinner in this restaurant and a couple of cold beers one night doing a short evening tour of the city. Didn't plan to go here specifically, just happened by and the specials board looked good. The bartender was friendly, the waiter did his job correctly, the food was served quickly. And the meal was the second best I had in the Netherlands, and I stayed in country 20 nights in 2013 for business.

• Visited November 2013
Burlingame, California
“Casual dining on Warmoestraat”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This restaurant was a short walk from my hotel and offered a range of options. The soup was a starter, but almost made a meal. I had the beef stew over mashed potatoes, which was tasty and very filling. Prices were very reasonable and wait staff was attentive. I paid in cash because the last time I ate there there was a slight surcharge for use of a credit card; however the total bill was around 20 euros for the blackboard special, wine and coffee.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Thomas T
London
“Big dining party of 18”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We came to this place after reading a review from a newspaper. Whilst I appreciate there were 18 of us, we had phoned from London to make sure that we could be accommodated. We were told that the restaurant was quite narrow so understandably we would be seated on two tables. That was absolutely fine. So the guys and girls sat separately. What we were not told that the guys would eat 1.5 hrs after us, so as we had finished our meal I noticed that the guys were still staring into space………starving!
After a while their food arrived and some of it looked really good EXCEPT my husbands burger which unfortunately had to be sent back. By this time he was past the point of eating and asked that his burger be taken off the bill. Also some of the girls desserts were not very good too.
When the bill arrived we checked and low and behold, the twice cooked burger HAD been added to the bill!

Disappointingly not much atmosphere and would not go back!

• Visited February 2014