“Poor service and below average food”
Review of Capri

Capri
Ranked #2,825 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Reviewed August 9, 2014

The service in this restaurant was so bad it's becoming a household joke. The food was mediocre. I've had worse pizza but not at an italian restaurant! The crust was like cardboard.
Only when we tried to pay by credit card were we informed that it was a cash only place.
With so many excellent food options in Amsterdam and in Joordan in particular - don't waste your time, money and energy at this place

1  Thank Mette T

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Everything was great. They are very lovely, nice and helpful.

We had a great time in dinner.

Pizza, pasta, meat and wine was perfect.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was the worst pizza ever. I know why they give you a serrated knife to cut it with because it is like cardboard. It had little flavor. Another review said they had a credit card machine but said cash only and that is exactly what I saw-they carried a machine out to another customer then said cash only to us. Skip this place as there are plenty of other restaurants around the area.

2  Thank JAAIssaquah
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Outrageous customer service. I stepped in the restaurant to ask them if they could serve us as it was a bit late (around 9:45pm). Nobody came to greet me, I was looking at, I assume, the owner of the restaurant standing next to the bar and I had to walk towards him to get a response from him. He made it clear that the kitchen was closing at 10:30pm and that if we wanted to eat here, we needed to order asap. I was with my parents, my sister, her two kids and it was late, we did not really have the choice. The waitress came to bring us the menu and repeated that we had to order immediately. We asked us at least a few minutes to look at the menu. She hasn't smiled once. She came back 2 minutes later and because she was trying to expedite the order, she forgot to take the order of my mother. She hasn't apologized and she was even frustated because it was taking too long... And in addition to that she hasn't let us choose the type of pasta between the multiple choices. She simply wrote down "Spaghetti" for everyone. Except my sister that had ordered a pizza which had tomato sauce, cheese and toppings, only in the center of the pizza. The four pasta that we ordered were also expedited and all served in a small dish. They also mentioned that they were not taking Visa but only cash and while we were eating I noticed that the last customer was paying by credit card....

I always leave some tips even when I'm not fully satisfied but this time I haven't left anything. Also, this is the first time I leave a restaurant's review but this time I had to inform the future customers that the owner of the restaurant as the employees are not friendly at all and do not care of their customers.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Had a pleasant evening here. Great neighbourhood, away from the hustle and bustle. Service was great, very attentive. Last evening meal as a boys holiday in Dam.