“Great service, nice food, super location!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Canaleto
Ranked #2,927 of 3,725 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
London
“Great service, nice food, super location!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

A nice neighbourhood trattoria strangely co-existing with an Argentinian steakhouse. Canaletto served well for a simple meal of pasta and salad. Dining on my own, it was perfectly comfortable and reasonably priced. Not haute cuisine, but filling comfort food.

Visited April 2012

Copenhagen, Denmark
“A decent hearty food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

I was not too crazy about the service, however the food was fresh and tasty. Nothing fancy, no huge menu but conveniently located near Rijksmuseum and good value for money.

Visited September 2011
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Lovely Italian food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

This restaurant has the choice of Italian or Steakhouse. I like it because not only has it great food, but sitting at one of the many window seats you can watch the world go by. I had been 4 years ago with friends and it hadn't changed just a basic bistro style at a reasonable price. I will be in Amsterdam again in Feb 2012 and would have no hesitation is having lunch here again. Good coffee too.

• Visited September 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Italian in one door, Argentinian in the other. Good basic Italian food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

We ate here because it was across the street from our hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by the food and service since we had no information on the restaurant. It's a bit confusing since it seems to serve both Argentinian steaks and Italian food. I had pasta with clams (white wine & garlic) and it was excellent. The two waiters were helpful and friendly and the tiramisu was homemade and yummy. Prices were reasonable and we left happy. I'd go back if I were in the neighborhood.

• Visited September 2011
Massachusetts
“Quiet Little Italian Restaurant with Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

I'm staying at a nearby hotel and wanted somewhere close to grab a quick dinner. The restaurant had only 2 reviews on Trip Advisor, but they were good reviews so I made up my mind to go.... I'm glad that I did.

i ordered a mixed green salad, Spaghetti with Bolognese sauce and a side of sausage. The mixed green salad was excellent, with a mix of lettuce, corn, onions, tomatoes and cucumbers. The flavor of the bolognese sauce made me think I was back in Italy again (obviously where I had some of the best bolognese sausce ever). The pasta dish was not only delicious but it was a good sized plate, the salad and the pasta is enough to fill most people up. The side of sausage was also good, although they were out of Italian sausage so he said he was Argentinian sausage? ...Either way it was good.

The lighting in the restaurant was perfect, dim for you romantic couples but enough light to see your food clearly and they had some music playing in the background, but quiet enough that everyone was able to use lower voices during their dinner conversations. The restaurant is a little small, like all the restaurants around here, and probably seats about 35 people.

The only reason I gave it 4/5 stars was value. The coke I ordered was quite expensive and if I had known the price of the side of sausage, containing just 2 links, before I ordered it, I probably would have skipped it.

I'm here for a week so I'll definitely be coming back to try another plate

• Visited June 2011