WINNER WONDERLAND

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Friendly & Helpful Staff. Delicious Burritos.Fill your Belly.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is not a glossy, expensive, spot-lit and marble-tiled restaurant with delicate flower arrangements on the tables.

Thank god for that.

It's very slightly scruffy with warmly coloured decor and old black white photos of Mexico on the walls. The menu is flexible and the friendly waiting staff will help you decide what exactly is the most tasty way to stuff your belly.

My son and I had a very welcome, home cooked meal. I didn't have room for all of mine, the portions were so generous but my son managed to scoff all of his and then spent the rest of the evening talking about it. He gazed wistfully at the restaurant when we walked past it the next morning and was still talking about it on the flight back to Liverpool. I told him we can cook burritos at home and his plaintive response was, 'But it won't be the same, I just know it won't.'

We are both foodies, love cooking and are therefore very critical when we eat out. We both loved this understated restaurant with the helpful waiting staff.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Whitburn, United Kingdom
“Nice Mexican”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were staying in the Alp Hotel and on the Saturday night we went to Café Burrito. The atmosphere was nice and the staff were very warm and friendly. The food is nice and somewhere I would go again

Visited September 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“FAB FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

had a great meal in this small quaint restaurant. food was very good and tasty. the waiter was so pleasant and helpful to explain anything on the menu. would return back again

Visited September 2013
American living in Amsterdam
“Good margaritas, decent prices and NO TOURISTS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

When you first see Burrito from the street, there is nothing to be excited about. It's rather small and in a quiet neighborhood. However, once inside you feel at home with the cozy tables and standard "Mexican" style decor. If you're looking for the crazy, lively, tourist filled bar - this is not it.

This is a family run business, so the waitstaff (typically the owner's sons) are very attentive and will bring you anything you need. They charge extra for chips, salsa or water (which is a big deal in The Netherlands!).

Overall, the food is good. Not the best I've had (and I'm from San Antonio, TX) but still very good for Northern Europe. Definitely have a few margaritas. . . they have a bit of a kick and are made fresh in the blender.

You MUST try the guacamole appetizer dip! It's only 4 Euro and they give you enough for 4 people.

Overall, I was pretty impressed - and NO TOURISTS!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amber0001
amsterdam
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worst mexican food I have ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

Wow - can't believe the first review was so positive.
I just got back from diner there and I actually feel poisoned.

This place makes taco bell seem gourmet.

They served me a heap of steaming quesadilla with warm soggy lettuce inside and a big mess of cheesy nastiness.

If you want good mexican in amsterdam - the only place worth mentioning is the new Tomatillo take out on Overtoom. Incredibly good - wish I could drag the chef at Burrito down there to learn how to cook.

Do not go to this place even if it is the only restaurant serving food after 10.30pm.

1 Thank somethingbetter