“Where's the spice?”
Review of Balti House

Balti House
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Balti House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,066 of 4,181 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Looking for somewhere to eat in Amsterdam is tricky due to the amount of choice! We chose the Balti House as it was already busy at 6 o clock.

Positives - great starters, hot wings and onion bhajis.Service very good. Amstel lager nice! Mains - my girlfriends chicken Tikka Massala wasnt bad, but my Chicken and Lamb Balti was not good. No spice and very bland.

Overall I felt the Balti House was expensive for what was served up and perhaps wished we had gone somewhere else.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great food, lots of selection, good prices. We eat Indian a lot, and were impressed with their beef vindaloo - very spicy & delicious. Great homemade naan bread, cozy atmosphere. The servers were very friendly as well. All adds up to a great experience! If we lived in this city I could see this being a local favourite of ours.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

And... at a very affodable price.
If you are lucky with the weather, you can sit on their terrace (the curb actually), which is a nice touch to enjoy the special atmosphere of this famous area of Amsterdam: the Pijp.
I have visited this restaurant twice, I ll go again for sure.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were impressed with the great selection of dishes and very happy to receive our dishes full of spice and flavor. The service was straight forward/serious and efficient!
The restaurant is easy to find and clean.
We will return.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Always reliable for the weekend curry fix. The staff are superb and the curries are freshly made with good ingredients.

Top choice for me is the Lamb Korai, lovely. I've yet to have a bad meal and visit at least once a month.