“Vegetarian food lifted to a whole new level”
Review of Betty's

Betty's
Ranked #522 of 4,085 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Betty's is a cosy and small restaurant located on the Rijnstraat. If you're planning to have dinner here I recommend you to make a reservation, since their is room for only 25 people.

The restaurant smells great, it is decorated with all kind of herbs and ingredients you will be tasting during your meal. The host and owner Gido, makes you feel very welcome and has great stories about the food he is serving. Every week there is another menu, which is accompanied by great wines. The starter and main course are fixed, but for the dessert you can choose between a couple of amazing cakes and pies. A feast!

If you are looking for a great vegetarian culinary experience and enjoy a great night out, I recommend you to go to Betty's.

1  Thank kfbkrebbers

Reviewed March 19, 2014

If you want a very very good experience with food, I suggest you go to Betty's in the Rijnstraat in Amsterdam. There is a regular change of dishes and every time you go in you come out with yet again a new experience. The food is always freshly cooked, never frozen goods. If you are not a vegetarian Per Se, even then will you not miss your meat at all. All sorts of spectacular flavours titillate your tastebuds and you'll leave a happy person. Book days beforehand as it is that popular to go to!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Betty's is an amazing vegetarian restaurant. We happened to be there while they were celebrating 25 years at the restaurant. the food - described as street food - was incredibly tasty with an interesting arrangement of flavours which were exciting and full of flavour. The owners really care about the produce they cook and the recipes they use.Booking is essential but possible online. We managed to get a table even though we only booked the evening before.

1  Thank JuliaMWeymouth
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I have been to many good vegetarian restaurants in many countries, but this small restaurant is the best. I would be surprised if they ever got a star from some pretentious organisation for the food they prepare with great care and attention, because they are not that sort of restaurant. What they do get are five Mary Johnston stars and that says a lot. This is not a quick pit stop on your way somewhere else. This is your destination for an evening of stunning food, great ambiance, lovely surroundings and good conversation. If by any chance, you read a review titled 'hit the road Jack' I have one thing to say. This is a very rude review from very rude people who didn't have the common sense to realise this is a restaurant where you have to book in advance. It's reputation goes before it and it is a place where you plan to spend a delightful evening. It was my 60th birthday dinner and I booked it a week in advance and I had a delightful evening. Thank you Guido and Caroline. You are the best.

3  Thank Glasgowveggie
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We turned up early, as we had not had a opportunity to book in advance.

We phone but nobody picked up and it didn't go to voice mail.

When we got there at 18:30, although empty apart from two tables, he did not even consider accommodating us and send us back into the pouring rain.

I have been to many restaurants all over the world and never have I received worst service.

AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!!