“The Best Meal Our Whole Trip!”
Review of Berkhout

Berkhout
Ranked #19 of 110 Coffee & Tea in Amsterdam
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Calgary, Canada
“The Best Meal Our Whole Trip!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

On our last day of our week long Amsterdam trip, I asked my husband what meal had been his favourite. Without a thought, he said his sandwich at Berkhout. And I'd have to agree. My husband had a hummus and roasted vegetable sandwich, and I had a brie and pear, and the entire time I sat there I was raving about how delicious my sandwich was...and then I had a bite of his. It was better! I didn't think that possible at the time.

Not only was service impeccable (it was quick, friendly, and staff even offered suggestions on local hotspots, like the Brouwerij 't IJ), the location was ideal for a quick bite after the Heineken Experience.

My advice to everyone in or going to Amsterdam: Go here and order a sandwich.

• Visited June 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Great surprise. Delicous food and chill atmosphere. Mexican burger, potentially best burger ever. Steak sandwich.....yum. go.

1 Thank ikaikakincaid
Canton, Ohio
“FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Visited here after the Heineken tour. I live in Europe and it was one of the best lunches I've had over here in years! I had the steak sandwich with pesto (highly recommend). Great service and very friendly.

• Visited April 2013
United States
“right across the street from the Heineken Experience”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very good service, extremely cold beer, and it is across the street from the Heineken Experience. This is a great place that everyone should visit. Good atmosphere, nice view, good drinks, and nice people.

• Visited March 2013
Manchester
“Great bar next to Heineken Experience”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Cafe Berkhout is a great little bar opposite the Heineken brewery and close to the Rijksmuseum. After visiting both of these attractions, I had a relaxing drink here, the bar offers a decent selection of drinks, and I also had a quick snack which I found inexpensive. The place has a good atmosphere and offers many seating or stools around the bar when busy. I'd definitely recommend checking out this great place for a drink.

• Visited February 2013