“Almost Brazilian quality steaks in the heart of Amsterdam”
Review of Barbeque Castell

Barbeque Castell
Ranked #301 of 4,593 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Barbecue, Belgian, Dutch
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed June 25, 2016

I should have written this review earlier as it was already 4 months ago that I was there. Ambience, service and food quality really excellent! And the atmosphere is very casual.
When you like steaks you can't go wrong here!!

Date of visit: February 2016
Write a reviewReviews (882)

Reviewed June 24, 2016

One of the best restaurents in Amsterdam (and I have tried quite a few). In a city that is not typically known for it's fine restaurants, this place is a small heaven. Excellent steaks, great atmosphire. Will definitely come back again.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

By far the most amazing spare ribs I've ever had in my life. I don't give the five star just because of the sofa style table which I found really nice and comfortable for a drink are not that comfortable a dinner to be honest. The interior is really beautiful and unique, if the weather is good there is also table outside.

Reviewed June 13, 2016

a rather boring venue where the salad comprise some lettuce and corn with a streak cooked on the barbecue grill served on a wooden plate. mustard accompaniments were flavorless.

Reviewed June 13, 2016 via mobile

We were recommended to eat here by a fiend who lived in Amsterdam for years. I would defiantly say the place is for special occasions. We had frogs legs and snails to start and the surf and turf for main. The snails were gorgeous and the garlic butter to dip your bread in was excellent. The steak was of excellent quality but felt the lobster tails were a little over cooked. When we asked for the desert menu they didn't have one and gave us a list of 4 deserts 2 of which were ice cream and another profiteroles which didn't match the extravagant courses before, so we skipped it. We were also sat in a seating area and had the food off trays on our laps which was a little strange but is the done thing in there. The food was excellent and I should hope so for €175 for the food plus a bottle of screw top prosecco (the only one they had). If you want to impress someone with fancy food come here.