“Dinner”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

Atmospher is quite good, menu and the service is satisfactory. Wine menu could have more choices. Location is the the canal and easy to reach from any centeal ooint.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

We were recommended Barbeque Castell by a local friend. I am probably the last person on earth to choose ribs for a dinner but this time I decided to go for it. And I didn't regret it at all. We ordered mixed grill and ribs with salads and drinks. Both dishes were just amazing, smoky and juicy. The jacket potatoes which came with the dishes were really good and sauces we have never had before. Truly great food. Unfortunately our waitress was not a happy person, she was quite apathetic and just wanted to be done and over with us. But this has not ruined our evening and we enjoyed the food and atmosphere around us. Highly recommended. Enjoy.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

A different style restaurant with outstanding food which you can eat either on your lap around an open fire place on comfy leather sofas or at the bar watching the steaks and ribs go onto the open griddle. Just remember to bring some wet wipes!
We ordered the spare ribs, lady fillet steak, jacket potatoes and a salad. Washed down by a very decent Cabernet Sauvignon. A very relaxed atmosphere and we enjoyed our wine at a leisurely pace. Reasonably priced and in a nice quieter location. Service was quick and staff friendly. Reservations recommended.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We read about this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a whirl. We tried to make a reservation same day and weren't able to do so we scheduled a couple of days later. Definitely consider making a reservation ahead of time especially if you want to sit outside. We ended up sitting inside. What's interesting is that it's a bit of a community table and we sat with some interesting folks from the Caribbean. The food was great! It was delicious and well prepared. What I didn't like was sitting with the food in my lap as there is no true table. It's more like a coffee table and they serve the food to you on what seems like a cutting board. It was just clumsy and I constantly felt like I was going to drop my food. It's fairly pricey so that was why I only gave it 4 stars.

1  Thank Hoagy74
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The best pork chops I've eaten, recommend sitting on the bar with the extra comfy chairs.
I've eaten here 3 times and do plan to visit again next time I'll arrive to Amsterdam