“Nice restaurant, will be back” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Uithoorn, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice restaurant, will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

By far the best sushi I've had in Amsterdam. We went there for dinner on a Wednesday evening and it was great. The service was really nice (non dutch service, only Japanese), good manners, and very friendly. The food was good, very fresh and tasty (there are some cookers standing behind the bar preparing some dishes, so everybody can see them). There are lots of options for sushi lovers and lots of options for non sushi lovers (I really recommend the California roll.... delicious). Ideal to spend a nice quiet evening in good company and enjoying great Japanese food.

• Visited December 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Best sushi in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

By far the best sushi I've had in Amsterdam, with nice friendly efficient service. Lots of options for non sushi eaters too.

• Visited November 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Superb sushi, at the low tables or for take out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Akitsu serves super fresh sushi, expertly prepared. It's a joy to eat there, especially if you can get to one of the two low tables and sit on the mat - our favourite is the spicy tuna roll - but the tuna and salmon they select for the sashimi is excellent. Try the salad - lovely dressing. Compared to some of top sushi restaurants I've been to in London, New York and Tokyo, I think Akitsu is really among my top ten. It's got a homely feel (slightly overlit but in a way that's part of its charm). Service is attentive but not intrusive.

We'd love to dine more often as it's local to us - but we have small kids, so we compromise and get take out food from here about every 6 weeks. Not cheap, but really worth it - it's an event to unwrap the food at home.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank adam d
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“Best Sukiyaki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I want there to eat sukiyaki and I did. The best. I went there with my husband and my son they don't really like Japanese food but I ordered for my husband beef teriyaki which he liked he also tasted my sukiyaki which he also did like. For starters we had 2 rolls of sushi ( tempura roll & California spicy roll) both was ok but hot plates where better, we also ordered spare ribs with teriyaki sauce. The resturant was busy, stuff is helpful but service is too slow.
I will defiantly will go again for sukiyaki.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“One of the best Japanese restaurants in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Akitsu is one of the best restaurants I have been to in Amsterdam in terms of food quality, Japanese or otherwise. It was as delicious as Yamazato, although of course not as refined and a fraction of the price. The fish is really fresh and tasty, the sushi delicious, and the other warm and cold Japanese dishes on the menu are to die for. I loved the Nasu Dengaku - miso glazed aubergine - and the dry fried spare ribs were some of the best I've ever tasted. Seriously, I'm a very picky restaurant goer and this place rocks. The sake list is awesome but leans on the expensive side - although the super cool (and varied!) sake glasses help to make up for it a bit. Service was friendly and decently responsive, very cozy family feel.

Visited June 2013