“A Locals Restaurant”
Review of Van Beeren

Van Beeren
Reserve with
Van Beeren is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #294 of 3,813 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Bar, European
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Centrum
San Diego, California
“A Locals Restaurant”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was kind of a locals pub restaurant, and was recommended by our hotel hosts. It was everything promised, with local families and friends dining there on typical Amsterdam meals. We had spare ribs (surprising how popular in AMS) and a rib eye steak. Both were excellent, along with side dishes and local beer. As with other older, local restaurants, you could hear the chef ring a bell when the meal was ready.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A small bustling restaurant, central, but more aimed at locals than tourists. A good local menu, excellent service, and a feel of being off the tourist route, makes this a great place for a quiet meal.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Exceeded all expectations!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Cozy little authentic Dutch restaurant. Made a reservation and got a great table, staff was very helpful and the food was excellent. I had the Arctic Char and my wife had the steal which was cooked to perfection.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Last Dinner in Europe = Excellent”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I were referred to this place on our last night in Amsterdam. It was wonderful. Wonderful candlelight atmosphere inside. We had a few of the daily specials and they were great, one of which was zucchini soup and the other steak of the day. I had the spareribs with the fries. I wish I had more room, I would have ate all of the fries, they were so good. We also had 2 desserts, the profiteroles and apple special with ice cream, both were delicious! I highly recommend this place and found the service to be excellent. Next time I am in Amsterdam, I will be going back!!

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Casual dining with great food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a really good gastro pub type establishment serving excellent food. It looks much like a regular pub from outside but it's buzzing and friendly inside with a limited number of tables. We visited on a Wednesday night and it was packed. The food was outstanding. Guineas fowl and sauerkraut soup for my wife and snails in garlic for me followed by spare ribs with garlic sauce for us both. Friendly service and a really great atmosphere. Lots of locals dining which is always a good sign. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2013