“Excellent Thai food” 4 of 5 stars

Bangkok
Ranked #854 of 3,429 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Chesterfield
“Excellent Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a great place to eat in Amsterdam.
Nice people
Great food...my wife is Thai so i know good Thai food.
Hope you enjoy it too.
I loved the Tom Kha Gai (Chicken & Mushroom coconut soup)
Probably the best i have had eating outside of thailand

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank rugbyking

• Indonesian first
Singapore City, null, Singapore
“Good food with Zero Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went to Bangkok restaurant for the 2nd time with my wife on monday 14 october, cause we found the food was good. The 1st time the service was helpful and kind, but this time the staff was different: a fake smiling girl and a guy with zero service knowledge. My wife wanted some hot water with lemon and the waiter charged us 2.50 euro. After a while we asked to refill the cup with some more hot water, they told us (with a annoyed face) that we have to pay other 2.50 euro. Last time they gave the hot water in a bigger cup, but this time the fake smile girl informed us that they have changed the glassware, so they just got small ones. They also refused to give us a tab water telling us that in Amsterdam they don't do that, pity that i m working in a Restaurant too in Amsterdam and we use to give tab water.
I wanted to order my 3rd beer and some more meal, but since the staff think just to make money i asked for the bill. This kind of unprofessional staff is a big damage for a restaurant cause they are not flexible at all not meeting the basic customers expectation. We definitely never come back again to this place and moreover i ll give a bad feedback with my Dutch friends.

• Visited October 2013
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
“Literally best Thai meal ever!! MUST go in Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I randomly ended up at this restaurant as we were hungry and looking for refuge from the rain and it was truly the best thing that has happened to us not only on our 5 month trip but ever (seriously). We are both huge foodies and love good meals (my boyfriend has also been to Southeast Asia and has experienced the "best" Thailand food), but we both instantly agreed this was the best meal of our lives. The food was authentic, spicy and so flavorful that we couldn't truly grasp how good it was. We were so absorbed in our food, we could barely speak during dinner. We were both full but refused to let any food to to waste! We both had soup which was the first sign this meal would be epic. Both soups were so flavorful, we couldn't get enough. We then ordered the pad Thai and green curry with coconut milk...both spicy. They were both out of this world. They were the most flavorful dishes I've ever had and the balance of flavor and spice was perfect. If we would have been in Amsterdam longer, we would have gone there every day. If you are slightly in to Thai, or even not at all, you HAVE to try this place. If you don't, you have no idea what you are missing out on!

• Visited September 2013
Fife, Scotland
“This is a must for those visiting Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were staying in Amsterdam for one night before catching our return ferry back to Newcastle and needed to find somewhere to eat. Having a look around whilst exploring the Centrum area we came across this place, just off one of the plaza's with the statues of the explorers on.

The menu is extensive and all the state speak English, along with other languages as you would find in most of Europe.

The service cannot be faulted and the menu is both in Dutch and English, if you have any queries about any of the dishes just ask and they will be explained to you. The meals were ordered were great and both me and my wife enjoyed every morsel

The decor is of a high standard with the walls covered in photographs of Thailand from an earlier era.

This will be a definite place of call when we next visit Amsterdam.

• Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“Very good late night meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

One of the benefits of visiting Amsterdam in the summer are the many hours of daylight and the late sunsets. After a long day of walking around the city and visiting various places, my wife and I decided to have dinner at Bangkok. We had passed this restaurant and the crowded venue (inside and out) suggested that this was a good place to eat.

We decided to eat inside since it seemed like it was going to get a little chilly that evening. The staff was friendly and the service was very good. I started out with an order of hot and sour shrimp soup and we shared an order of shrimp spring rolls; both were very good. For our entrees, my wife chose the spicy vegetable with fried rice and I went with the curry fish with steamed rice. The servings are very generous and the containers of rice are enormous! We were able to eat additional meals the next day. In addition to the servings being generous, the food was very good. I would have preferred a bit more heat, but the food was tasty nonetheless. The prices were reasonable and we were able to enjoy the food without being rushed. This was something we enjoyed throughout our visit to The Dam.

• Visited August 2013