“Cozy and lots of good food”
Review of Aphrodite - CLOSED

Aphrodite
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The restaurant is very dark, albeit cozy and the hostess is friendly. We ordered the mixed grill, which was very good and plenty to eat, especially meat. After the meal, we were offered cupcakes to celebrate the 2nd birthday of the hostess' dog.

1  Thank Joh4nL

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Tiny restaurant, great atmosphere, friendly staff, and amazing food. We learned these are Greek family recipes passed down though generations and you could tell! If you like Greek food, seek this place out and enjoy!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been coming here since I was a little kid and I was in Amsterdam. Loes (hostess and owner) is a very nice friendly woman. The atmosphere is very nice and the tables and chairs sit like you are in Greece, which make the experience even better. The food is really good, they have a Greek cook who makes the meals in the kitchen. The bathrooms are ready for an upgrade, but you can still do your think there.

I would not recommended going here when there is a big guy serving here. He is really slow and does not really pay attention to his guests. I heard several people complaining about him.

Also make sure you bring cash money, because you are not able to pay here with debit or creditcard! (This will change in 2013 though, the owner told me they will install a debit/creditcard)

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had dinner here, based on reviews on another (Dutch) site. Here's summary of our experience.

The restaurant is small and has a homely feel about it. Besides the hostess there was no other personnel serving. There were also a cat (Bas) and dog (Olijfje). The cat is resident in the restaurant and is there to catch the mice (according to the hostess).

My wife opted for vegatarian and I went for the stifado. The vegatarion dish was soso, the stifado lacked in flavour, the meat was very tender though. There was a side dish of home made fries, which were nice.

My wife commented on the state of the restrooms as follows: "if I would have known what they looked like, we wouldn't have eaten here".

So, the food was okay (we certainly have had better) and at least the restrooms are in in need of some TLC.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Loes and her staff know how to make you feel home in the best Greek tradition. You won't get disappointed about the food either, the dishes have an authentic taste of Greek cuisine. Price is average