“Clearly cant go wrong with ethnic cuisine in Am!”
Review of Alfonso's

Alfonso's
Reserve with
Alfonso's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #701 of 3,900 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Clearly cant go wrong with ethnic cuisine in Am!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We had seating within minutes. The service was impeccable; as in, they literally knew from afar when our refills were needed. Food was filling and delicious. We gave our CC from the table and the owner came back to us realying that you NEVER give anyone your card. Yu must always go with them and watch them process it at the register because it can/will be stolen (in terms of your very informative strip). The food was fabulous...a little pricey but well worth it.

• Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Average Mexican food in Amsterdam”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was looking forward to eating here after reading the reviews on here, but I left slightly disappointed.

I ordered the beef burrito, and as I was seated by the kitchen I could see that the dish was prepared in a microwave oven. So it was served very hot, almost too hot. After it cooled, I tucked into a mouthful of tasteless burrito. The rice that came with it was called "spiced", but it had no flavor apart from a faint hint of basmati rice.

On a good note, the service was friendly, and the staff worked well together as a team.

• Visited October 2012
“Great food! ”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We had arrived in Amsterdam earlier in the day, and wandered round looking for food. We spotted this place and gave it a try, and it was great - gorgeous food, friendly staff who went extra mile to help and nice surroundings!

Kfar Saba, Israel
“Great Mexican in Amsterdam.”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We were 5 for dinner. Great food. 2 margarita pitcher. One mango one lemon. Chilli was good. Tortilla fresh.chips servers to be seated.
We will return next year during ibc

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great food, from a Texan's perspective.”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I am a Texan and Alfonso's is the closest thing to Tex-Mex that I have experienced since living in Amsterdam. My husband and I will be back for their fajitas, the beef (that was a little more pricey) was super tender.

• Visited August 2012