Escape Room Questomatica, Amsterdam
Open today: 9:30 AM - 11:30 PM
Review Highlights
Fabulous!

Amazing escape room, really enjoyed it. It was super well put together and brought back childhood... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Ilse K
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Great experience all round

A great host and wide range of challenges, making an enjoyable experience. Would recommend to... read more

Reviewed November 1, 2018
Stefan T
Bedford, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Amsterdam
from $5.80
from $68.30
from $103.10
from $31.90
More Info
All reviews great fun arcade room escape game game master great game a lot of fun amazing experience puzzles invasion challenging matilda teamwork hints wakeup adrenaline challenges storyline
Reviewed August 11, 2016

The escape room "Wake up!" is the perfect combination of a little bit scary setting, a beautiful room full of surprises, braintesting puzzles, excitement and fun! My friends and I escaped on time, so we challenge you to wake Mathilda up and get out! Make sure your team is very enthusiastic and into teamwork and NEVER give up, just believe in yourself and you'll get out.
You'll see the makers of the room really put time and effort into making this room so enjoyable for us, and the service is very good too!
So thank you for the most amazing and surprising hour I could ever imagine! (you've made me addicted to escape rooms...)

Reviewed August 10, 2016

My boyfriend and I visited this escape room on our first visit to Amsterdam in July. We had never done an escape room before but were keen to try it out. We arrived at Claustrophobia and were greeted by a member of staff who was extremely welcoming. We had a brief chat and then were taken into the room. It was all done very professionally and it was so much fun! We did the 'Wake up!' escape room and the sound effects and atmosphere created in the room was spot on.
We would recommend this escape room to anyone who likes a challenge and will definitely try out Claustrophobia's other escape room when we return to Amsterdam!

Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

We had never completed a room escape before, and didn't quite know what to expect. I honestly thought it would be good, but I didn't think it would actually be amazing, and it was.

We chose to do the Matilda room, and me and my bunch of mates solved riddles to escape the room, without giving anything away! The room itself had a vibe, which added to the atmosphere of the game.

We had such a great time, the next day we re-booked and went on to the arcade version of the game.

This was a more hands on, gaming escape room, with the key been to find the portal in to the gaming room. WE completed this in roughly 50 min.
I would advise, for a first timer if your going for the atmosphere, and like horror games, Matilda isn't scary, but very atmospheric, and is my personal faveroute. If you like gaming, and solving many clues, like both, Arcade room is for you. (Both are really well planned out!)

I hope, this persuades you to do a room escape and I would like to thank everyone for the free tea/biscuits up on been welcomed!

ClaustrophobiaAMS, Marketing and Communication at Escape Room Questomatica, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2016

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for such a detailed review, very complete and without giving any spoilers. We do appreciate it.
It's great to hear you enjoyed both games so much, especially being your first time inside Escape Rooms! You did an awesome job and your teamwork help you complete our stories in Arcade Invasion and WakeUp!.

We hope you keep enjoying escape rooms in other places in the future!

Kind regards,
Aurora.
The Claustrophobia Team.

Reviewed August 4, 2016

This was our 4th Escape Room in the Netherlands, as a group of 3 with more than 10 rooms in our resume.
All of us enjoyed the room, and we all thought the atmosphere was just right, we finished in time and had a good talk with the operators as well.
I'll recommend that to anyone who have already done at least 1-2 rooms before, as some concepts, in my opinion, will be clearer (and thus more fun) when you have at least some experience.

Dear Kerem,

Thank you for a detailed feedback! It's always interesting to read reviews from experienced players. As you suggest, our games are both challenging and designed in a unique way to test your teamwork and communication skills.
Although experience can be an advantage sometimes, it's not always key to success and we often meet teams who haven't played that enjoy smooth games. Either way, we give feedback after each game so it's good to hear you enjoyed the chat with your host.

We will love to see you back to try our second escape room!

Kind regards,
Aurora.
The Claustrophobia Team.

Reviewed August 1, 2016

I did this review with one friend and we got really far, it was a great experience! The setting is done well and the communication with the staff is not via intercom or walkie-talkie so you really stay in the game. Loved it!