“Who knew potatoes could be this delicious?”
Review of Jacketz - CLOSED

Jacketz
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Oud West
Description: Jacketz is the only baked potato shop in the Netherlands. We serve large baked (jacket) potatoes, with the most delicious homemade fillings. We accompany our dishes with a large selection of (local) beers and wines. Also: Gluten free, lactose free, vegan, vegetarian, meat, fish.
Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

Probably one of the best meals I've had in Amsterdam. I ordered one with feta cheese, bacon and beef meat in a delicious sauce. It was quite cheap if you look at how huge the thing actually is!! I was so full afterwards but it was 200% worth it. Our waitress was very nice and she helped us choosing our meal and translating from Dutch :)

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed September 8, 2016

Highly recommended mid range place restaurant. Good food + good service at a reasonable price, cannot ask for more than that.

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

My friend insisted on coming here when in Amsterdam to eat these famous potatoes.
At first, I was a bit unsure about what the dish is going to be about.
However, after entering the place, it just felt like home.

ABOUT THEIR FOOD
I had a jacket potato with chili con carne and cheese topping, while my friend had some kind of a beef stake (if I recall correctly). I liked both dishes, as I also tasted my friend's, however, I preferred mine, as the balance between the ingredients was perfect, the flavor of my dish was unexpectedly good and I really enjoyed the melted cheese on top.
What I did not quite enjoy was the texture of the beef (the filling of the Jacket potato my friend had), even though it was tender, it also was really chewy, sticking between out teeth (like a thread).

ABOUT THE STAFF
The staff was extremely friendly and very attentive. They were constantly asking us if the food is ok or if there is something to complain about.
The owner was there as well, preparing the dishes and entertaining us (we sit at the bar upstairs, just above the kitchen). We had several discussions with him and we appreciated their approach (doing their best to meet our expectations).

Overall, I totally recommend the place (if I also recall corectly, a dinner here will get you to an average of less than 15 eur for one person - potato and drinks). :)

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

We've been to Jacketz twice during our stay in Amsterdam and we were impressed each time. The first time we had 1 jacketz with spicy green curry and a 1/2 jacketz with seasonal veg (recommended) which were delicious. We tried the pulled pork with whiskey maple sauce the second time round, which was also very good. Great lunch, genuine ingredients (especially the olive oil used), decent price. Would love to eat there again if we had time!

Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is a must in the city, the food its very simple but amazing, the the potato with pulled pork its delicious. If you visiting Amsterdam, you will be here! El lugar es muy sencillo, pero la comida es deliciosa, la papa con puerco es lo mejor.