“Fantastic find!!”

Blue Pepper Restaurant And Candlelight Cruises
Reserve with
Blue Pepper Restaurant And Candlelight Cruises is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 3,853 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic find!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hi,

I normally never bother writing a review, but felt compelled after my visit to the Blue Pepper in Amsterdam. My girlfriend and I ordered the ‘Sultan and I’, a five course menu that was just delicious. A number of the dishes I had never tried (or even heard of before!), so I was a bit worried I might not like a lot of it, but, seeing as I was on holidays in Amsterdam, I was game for trying new things and, thankfully, in this instance, the gamble paid off. I loved almost everything and liked the rest, with my only regret being we only discovered this gem of a place on our last night, so never got to try the rest of the menu. I also just wanted to say a few quick words about the staff, who aside from being knowledgeable and super friendly, were also very accommodating, seeing as we arrived quite late and not far off closing time. At no point did they make us feel rushed and they couldn’t be more attentive. The fact a few of the staff hailed from the Emerald Isle was also nice, seeing as me and my girlfriend are also Irish.

All in all, a great experience and one of the many highlights of our wonderful trip to the Netherlands. If we return to Amsterdam, and we do hope to, a visit to this place is definitely on the list.

Ciaran, Dublin

1 Thank ciaran m

• Hebrew first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Evening”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Amsterdam has a few excellent Indonesian restaurants,that I know of but this one is certainly up there with the best. My partner and I took advantage of It's reputation and were not disappointed. From service, to drinks, to the food itself, everything was excellent. My Chicken dish was delicious and tender and my wifes dish was equally nice, so much so that she cleaned the plate. The portions are generous so that one deos not have to splurdge. The staff made us very welcome from start to finish and the fact they spoke excellent English and were extremely polite was a big thumbs up for us!

To sum up, Blue Pepper offers great value for money, excellent tasting food and a nice atmosphere. I would recommend to all.

1 Thank mattsynchro
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Average for high price”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

There are far too many nice Indonesian restaurants in town to pay 100 euro for 2. The food was oversalted, overseasoned and really nothing special. Everything seemed to be ready before order, already processed on semi clean all same white plates. The decoration of the place is actually nice, though the place is like a corridor and so it is difficult to establish a nice atmosphere. We don't understand the high evaluation rates, but maybe people in Amsterdam don't expect much (anymore).

2 Thank Domi S
London
“Great service but pretty expensive!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went here with my partner in December after hearing good things about it. I expected it to be busier than it was though- we were 1 of 3 tables in there on the evening we went, meaning the atmosphere lacked that nice buzzy feeling to it.
The service however was really great and the hostess was very accommodating. The look of the place was classy and simple but smaller than I expected.
The food was of a very good quality though there were some flavours not to my liking. We went for the rice table which was the assortment of several different small dishes. The variety was really great and made for an alternative dining experience. Having said that, for what it was, it was too expensive.
I'd recommend going here on a weekend as it'll probably be more lively. And as mentioned before, expect to loosen your purse strings.

• Visited December 2012
Amsterdam
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

we had a great evening with a wonderful wine, the service was GREAT and fast, the food in the winter menu was surprising and refreshing, nice special flavours I have never had before!
I will sure go back and will recommend to any one who looks for a quality food & wine and relax atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012