“Amazing dishes and staff”
Review of Visaandeschelde

Visaandeschelde
Ranked #144 of 4,714 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rivierenbuurt
Reviewed July 24, 2016

Our hotel recommended this,off the beaten path spot and were they right. Great oysters, two fish courses and excellent by the glass,wine pairings. The tuna with an Asian flare looked like a pizza but was on of the finest dishes I have ever eaten. If we were not leaving today I would be back there,tonight. Servers were terrific and a wonderful atmosphere. Menus were covered in dyed salmon skin. WOW,

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

I had a dinner in this fine and elegant restaurant after the suggestion of some local guys I met in the airplane the evening before. The price are quite high if you will choose a complete meal, but you will enjoy an high level fish based dinner that is not easy to have in The Netherlands and especially in Amsterdam, where most of the restaurants are very touristic oriented.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed July 9, 2016

My husband and I took public transit from the port where our cruise ended to our hotel (Okura). On the tram, several Amsterdam residents gave us tips for our trip, with several recommending that we plan a meal at this very fine restaurant (we could see it from the tram) that was walking distance from the hotel. They were also fans of OKura's restaurants with a caveat on the prices there being quite high. We don't like high prices!

We decided to try Visaandeschelde and we are glad we did! The food was deliciously prepared with the freshest ingredients and helpful service. I have a sensitivity to onions, and the chefs prepared special sauces for me that were onion free and flavorful. I was able to choose the 3 course meal and asked that the chefs make adjustments to serve me delicious onion-free versions. The servers checked on how we liked our food several times and were appropriately friendly. If I lived in Amsterdam, I would probably eat here monthly.

We noticed many couples having a romantic meal and also a couple large groups having a good time. There were also a couple of singles eating solo. I think everyone received friendly, attentive service. Everyone seemed happy!

The best comparison I can think of is Alan Wong in Honolulu in terms of food quality. (If I lived in Honolulu, I would eat there maybe every 6 weeks). This restaurant serves slightly smaller portions and has a more relaxed atmosphere with a lower price. The chefs here are more flexible about ingredients on the fly, although AW will take special requirements into consideration with advance notice.

The restaurant is easy to get to on the tram system no matter where you stay in Amsterdam, so I would recommend that visitors venture out of the touristy areas and come here for a memorable meal.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank katherinel287
Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

One of the best fish restaurant in Amsterdam, great service and suggestions from staff. Value for money! If you like oyster, I recommend to have that as starter, follow with wonderful fresh lobster.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank 482matsl
Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

This is a small little place with great food. The chef's special is a wonderful combination of seafood and shellfish. You can choose 3, 4 or 5 course meal. Some of the main courses can be ordered as starters but their still very big...so time yourself. The grilled Dutch lobster was excellent. It was a little crowded so ask to sit by the window!

Date of visit: June 2016